Windows 10: W10 Not using all my computer's resources

Discus and support W10 Not using all my computer's resources in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, a few days back my computer started running very slowly for no apparent reason. I tried fixing it in multiple ways, some of which users from this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frynler, Jan 21, 2020.

1. W10 Not using all my computer's resources

So, a few days back my computer started running very slowly for no apparent reason. I tried fixing it in multiple ways, some of which users from this forum proposed, and managed to get it working again... for a day.

After the problem came back I spent 2 days messing around, trying to find a fix, or at least to pin point the issue, as I still have no idea what is causing this weird behavior. In the end I didn't manage to find anything, so I simply reinstalled a clean version of w10. And while that did help on the overall performance of windows, for some reason the games still lag like hell.

However, when looking at the task manager, my CPU rarely goes beyond 30% and my RAM remains around 40%, same with my GPU, which means my PC has more than enough power to handle that game. Usually that game ran at a smooth 250 FPS, unable to get more because that was the higher cap. However now I'm lucky if I get constant 100 FPS, and it tends to fluctuate a lot, giving me FPS drops and such, making it overall impossible to enjoy.

At least windows itself seems to work better... for now, but I'm sure if I restart it will go back to being slow... I already tried updating my drivers, checking for virus, reinstalling windows, checking system files, doing a check disk... and nothing works. Is this something related to Windows and its updates? Or what am I missing? I can't even tell what's wrong with my computer, but it's not a virus of any kind that's for sure. Any help would be appreciated, even if just to find what's the issue in the first place. If I figure that out I might be able to find the fix myself.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/frynler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frynler, Jan 21, 2020

2. your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding

Hi,

The error message "your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding" that you are getting, may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your computer. With that said,
    we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the app troubleshooter on this
    link
    and then run it on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 21, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

W10 Not using all my computer's resources

Old Games running on Modern Computer.

Many old games work great on modern OS like W10. However, even a lot of GOG games will need tweaking or widescreen fixes.

PC Gaming Wiki is a perfect resource for 90% of the games, with tips and limitations, even some registry fixes listed.

Widescreen Gaming Forum lists what is needed to make old resolutions widescreen, if possible.

Sadly, your biggest trouble will be for games only available on disc. If they had any kind of copy protection, W10 will not allow them to run. W8.1 is as modern as you will get.

rtwjunkie, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

W10 Not using all my computer's resources

1. W10 Not using all my computer's resources - Similar Threads - W10 using computer's

2. Windows takes all resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows takes all resources: Hi,Just got a brand new Dell Latitude 5520, i5-1135G7 with 16Gb of RAM. My Ram and CPU is constantly maxed out by Windows processes:- Windows Driver Foundation- Desktop Manager- Windows Defender Advanced Thread Protection- Windows Defender Advanced Thread Protection - Sense...
  3. Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use: I recently installed windows 10 onto a b450 ds3h mobo and every so often when i open a game my computer will shut off, mobo lights stay on but monitor is off. I thought it was a false positive for an overheat but have no idea. ANy help is appreciated submitted by...
  4. Chrome hogging all resources

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome hogging all resources: My Chrome(latest version) is hogging all resources, can having too many bookmarks, history, saved passwords, search engines etc cause chrome to hog all the PC resources? 167877
  5. Chrome hogging all resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome hogging all resources: My Chrome(latest version) is hogging all resources, can having too many bookmarks, history, saved passwords, search engines etc cause chrome to hog all the PC resources? 167877
  6. the requested resource is in use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the requested resource is in use: my windows defender wont turn back on. i cant factory reset. i cant install any antivirus or anything. i believe i have a rootkit. i would love it if someone on this planet could help me remove this virus....
  7. wlanext using resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wlanext using resources: wlanext in task manager is using over 50% on the cpu. i just started having this issue a day ago for what seems like no reason. it sounds like wlanext is used for only wifi but i have never used wifi or plan to on this computer. i always have task manager open but i have...
  8. skype using resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype using resources: Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this app and its associated files, enough to slow down my pc. Why?...
  9. My computer is not using all of the RAM on my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is not using all of the RAM on my computer.: Hello, I'm user of X5650 System. Im not english so my post is not good at read, i beg your pardon. I'm using 14gb ram (2GB X 5EA + 4GB 1EA with same clock) I'm using Dual mornitor and Primo Ramdisk server edition (2GB dynamic? kinetic? ramdisk) When I run game that using a...
  10. My computer is not using all of the RAM on my computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is not using all of the RAM on my computer.: Hello, I'm user of X5650 System. Im not english so my post is not good at read, i beg your pardon. I'm using 14gb ram (2GB X 5EA + 4GB 1EA with same clock) I'm using Dual mornitor and Primo Ramdisk server edition (2GB dynamic? kinetic? ramdisk) When I run game that using a...