Windows 10: W10 Notepad Application Usage !

Discus and support W10 Notepad Application Usage ! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All this years I have been using the simple Notepad for basic word processing, but now Microsoft in their wisdom decided they know better and changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FadwaMikhael, Oct 13, 2018.

1. W10 Notepad Application Usage !

All this years I have been using the simple Notepad for basic word processing, but now Microsoft in their wisdom decided they know better and changed it on W10

Notepad completely crashes and disappears from the desk top; if I selected a page setup to be a Landscape.

Why ???

I think if they go on like this they; will loose a big chunk from the personal computer market, who needs configuration/setup/bugs/complications etc.

every time they upgrade their operating system?

No thanks, Mr. Bill Gates.

:)

FadwaMikhael, Oct 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2018
  4. JCabebe Win User

W10 Notepad Application Usage !

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

W10 Notepad Application Usage !

1. W10 Notepad Application Usage ! - Similar Threads - W10 Notepad Application

2. How to change the notepad application language to Chinese or Japanese?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the notepad application language to Chinese or Japanese?: We are not able to change the notepad application language to native language, by default it is coming in English,Facing this issue in Win 21H2 and 22H2 series of windows. For more info please refer the highlighted part of the below screenshot....
  3. Simple Notepad replacement for W10 that doesn't need to edit code?

Simple Notepad replacement for W10 that doesn't need to edit code?: For as long as I've used W7, I've used the free EditPad Lite 5.4.5 to replace Windows Notepad for recording simple text notes. Unfortunately, this version doesn't work in W10. I've installed the simplest version I could find (7.05 from 2011) but, like all EditPad Lite later...
  4. Cross on the application W10 dialogue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cross on the application W10 dialogue: ***moved on english forum*** Hello everyone, My laptop meet a strange issue, indeed a cross appears onthe dialogues windows with W10 applications. I tried to formate my PC but nothing. Can you help me to solve my problem? You will find on below few pictures which...
  5. Looking for usage monitoring applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for usage monitoring applications: Since the time sense app on windows 10 is very much broken, I was looking to find some applications that could track my daily screen on time, how much time I spend on what apps, how much wifi data I used, etc basically all this information that I can monitor daily. Any...
  6. Invisible and not working w10 applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible and not working w10 applications: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I tried opening Sea of Thieves this morning only to have my pc softlocked could only close certain programs so i restarted my pc by pressing the power button after that any app downloaded from Ms store would not launch and displaying a white progress like bar...
  7. W10 High Disk Usage Frustration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 High Disk Usage Frustration: I've had problems with high disk usage (as shown in task manager) for a long time. Tried all the usual fixes like disabling Superfetch and updating drivers, but nothing has helped. (Using a HP Pavilion dv6) I've noticed that most of the time System will show that it's using...
  8. Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the save As pop up messages for Notepad applications: How do i disable the Save as pop up messages that arises when i try to close the notepad application having some unsaved data? Is it possible in windows 10? 111999
  9. W10 applications

W10 applications: Hi everyone! I got a rather annoying problem with my mom's computer. She's got an MSI gaming laptop she bought a year or so back ( I will look up wich one if it helps), and after she upgraded from W 8.1 to W10 it started to behave weird. When opening apps (not all of...
  10. RAM usage W8.1 versus W10

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage W8.1 versus W10: I have compared the RAM usage of 8.1 and 10 in exactly the same (virtual) system. They are quasi identical. [img] [img] 4138