Windows 10: W10 Offline files + File sharing problem

Discus and support W10 Offline files + File sharing problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone help with this ?: I have one W10 Pro (1909) in workgroup with shares on it as home computer and the second W10 Pro (1909) I have in company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Motanel, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Motanel Win User

W10 Offline files + File sharing problem

Can anyone help with this ?:
    I have one W10 Pro (1909) in workgroup with shares on it as home computer and the second W10 Pro (1909) I have in company domain. When I want to connect from my company W10 to shares on my home W10 computer it works fine. I just put home comp local user credentials and I am on shares perfectly.
    But if I try to switch on "Offline files" on my company W10 computer and set some share folder from home computer to be always available offline I'm getting into troubles.
    When I set it for the first time, all files are replicated to offline and thats it. But after rebooting this company computer with offline files on it I am unable to connect to home W10 computer anymore and access those shares again. Only replica and offline files are available offline of course but other shares not. If I try I get error 0x80004005 and if I try to map any other share it tells me that "something" is currently mapped using a different user name and password. Offline files are not synchronizing with shared content anymore.

Then If I switch off "offline files feature" again and reboot again then everything works fine again with shares. So setting up of offline files saves some kind of credentials somewhere and block connecting to shares even though I always use the same credentials.
    So any solution to that ??? I want use offline files and connect to other shares on the same computer and without connecting and putting the credentials even offline files dont sync.

:)

Motanel, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Akumos Win User

File Sharing

Ermmm, where are the files stored? Server or one of the machines you listed?

Should be easy enough to help you through the forum, you may not need a help site.

Akumos, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Offline files not syncing

Hi Ramsha,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

This could be due to the incorrect caching set for the network folder. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open Share Properties
      of the network folder and click on Advance sharing.
    • Choose Caching and select
      No files or programs from the shared folder are available offline.
    • Save the changes and reboot the machine to see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 Offline files + File sharing problem - Similar Threads - W10 Offline files

2. File Sharing Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Problems: I need to share all my files on my PC and two Laptops but I am having problems with my new Laptop. As with my previous Laptop which failed and had to be replaced I cannot get the section including "Always keep on the device" on One Drive. A simple answer was given previously...
  3. File Sharing problems

File Sharing problems: I am connecting my Mac and PC to share files between the two. I have everything set up. I can see the server I can connect to it. But i cannot sign into it. it is asking for a password to a user that while it matches me does not match my username or password of the computer i...
  4. W10 File Explorer Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 File Explorer Problems: I can no longer see files with network connected storage, NAS and media appliances. Using media center I can see the files and using a MAC they are there. This problem occurred after the April updates....
  5. File sharing problem

File sharing problem: I have two PCs on a router at home. They the only thing connected to the router. I try to share files between the two. Let's call them A and B. Both have been updated to the latest Win Pro 10. From A, I can see the files shared by B, however, on B I can not see the files...
  6. Offline files + shares on W10

Offline files + shares on W10: Any idea where the problem is with shares on W10 and Offline files ?? I have 2 W10 (1909) computers. First is in workgroup and second is in domain. I share folders on workgroup comp. From domain computer I can access those shares without problems, just I put login and...
  7. Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops

Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops: Hi all I hope this is the correct place to post this question. So i have 2 Toshiba laptops and I have them in a workgroup so that Laptop 1 (1803) can sync files with Laptop 2 (1803) using Free File Sync. I rebuilt Laptop 2 using Macrium the other day and now I cant seem to...
  8. Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops: Hi all I hope this is the correct place to post this question. So i have 2 Toshiba laptops and I have them in a workgroup so that Laptop 1 (1803) can sync files with Laptop 2 (1803) using Free File Sync. I rebuilt Laptop 2 using Macrium the other day and now I cant seem to...
  9. W10 Home Network - File Sharing?

W10 Home Network - File Sharing?: after HomeGroup was removed in April 2018, I can't figure out how to share my files/folders over a network. I went into the [properties] of each of my drives > [Sharing] > [Advanced Sharing] > set [permissions] > [Apply] then what do i do? right-click file/folder, select...
  10. File sharing problem

File sharing problem: I use Windows 10, version 1709 and have seen a file sharing problem for the last few weeks. The shared files are displayed but sometimes some files like MS Office and pdf format are slow to open....