Windows 10: W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...???

Discus and support W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Lately i've noticed that the 'safely remove drive' function has simply stopped working for me after i use it once to eject a usb, then it becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaintballTwin, Jun 26, 2017.

1. W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...???

Lately i've noticed that the 'safely remove drive' function has simply stopped working for me after i use it once to eject a usb, then it becomes somehow inert and won't function to allow me to eject any other drives. My current work around which doesn't always work (in the case of external HDD) is to click on the drive in windows explorer and right-click eject.

Anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions? This is a clean W10 Pro 64 install. I'm also not getting the normal notification saying "its okay to unplug it now'...all notifications that seem related to this function are turned on.

:)

PaintballTwin, Jun 26, 2017
  2. TokLee Win User

Windows 10 Update 511 & Safely Remove Icon Missing"

I cannot find "safely eject" icon on my desktop. Can anyone help me how to install the icon or how to remove flash drive safely from the computer

TokLee, Jun 26, 2017
  3. SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE/DEVICE Win10

I put W10 on my Dell studio xps laptop and can't find a "SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE" function.

Also no "Eject" option after selecting an SD card. Do you need an eject or safe removal? Is there such in W10?

If you aren't in the process of reading from or writing to the SD card, Thumb Drive, or ... can you just remove it without problems?

Patrick (Not a PC guru!)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PatrickGreenlee, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...???

You could try this which should fix the no notification problem.
    • Press keyboard*"win + R"
    • Type "regedit"
    • Search the value "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notification\Settings\Microsoft.Explore r.Notification.{...}"
    • If you REG_DWORD 0x00000001(0) set "0" you can double click on value. Set the value*data to "1"
    • Click "OK"

Bastet, Jun 26, 2017
Thema:

W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...???

1. W10 on my desktop only lets me safely eject one drive per boot...??? - Similar Threads - W10 desktop lets

2. Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop: I have four external drives. Two SSD 16gb Sandisk thumbdrives, one SSD 1tb Sandisk, and a 2tb HDD Seagate. On my laptop running windows 11 I have the option to safely eject all of my drives. On my desktop running windows 11 I only get the option to eject the two thumbdrives...
  3. Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eject Drives Safely does not appear on Desktop: I have four external drives. Two SSD 16gb Sandisk thumbdrives, one SSD 1tb Sandisk, and a 2tb HDD Seagate. On my laptop running windows 11 I have the option to safely eject all of my drives. On my desktop running windows 11 I only get the option to eject the two thumbdrives...
  4. My relatively new PC won’t boot, and only safe mode lets me enter windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My relatively new PC won’t boot, and only safe mode lets me enter windows.: How it started: This morning my pc booted normally, but after about 3 minutes the screen freezed. Nothing I pressed did anything so I forcefully shut the pc down by holding down the power button. It again, booted normally but after 3 minutes the same thing happened again and...
  5. My relatively new PC won’t boot, and only safe mode lets me enter windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My relatively new PC won’t boot, and only safe mode lets me enter windows.: How it started: This morning my pc booted normally, but after about 3 minutes the screen freezed. Nothing I pressed did anything so I forcefully shut the pc down by holding down the power button. It again, booted normally but after 3 minutes the same thing happened again and...
  6. My relatively new PC won’t boot, and only safe mode lets me enter windows.

7. Unable to safely eject an Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to safely eject an Drive: Hello, I faced some problems while I was trying to eject a HDD Transcend 25a3.When I tried to eject it, an error message picture below would pop up.I tried to find which program is it via the Event Viewer, and it says:Pid 4 is the system process ntoskrnl.exe so can't kill...
  8. Unable to safely eject an Drive

Unable to safely eject an Drive: Hello, I faced some problems while I was trying to eject a HDD Transcend 25a3.When I tried to eject it, an error message picture below would pop up.I tried to find which program is it via the Event Viewer, and it says:Pid 4 is the system process ntoskrnl.exe so can't kill...
  9. Unable to safely eject an Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE SAFELY

in Windows 10 Customization
    EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE SAFELY: When I try to eject the external drive from my laptop, I get the following message: "This device is currently in use. Close any program or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." I tried to clear the message by checking over and over if any program or...