Windows 10: W10 Open with context menu problem

Discus and support W10 Open with context menu problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit. This took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Glowroy, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Glowroy Win User

W10 Open with context menu problem

Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit.

This took about 20 minutes, it removed all the 3rd party apps, and the pc is functioning fine, however, I soon found out that there is a problem with the "open with" context menu.
    When trying to associate a file with app/program on my pc - the option is not there.

Let me explain - when I right click on a file and click on "choose another app" - it no longer shows "more apps" and therefore cannot select "look for another app on this pc".

The option is also not available within the "app defaults" in the settings menu.

I have performed sfc /scannow but this did not find any problems.

I would appreciate your help and advice, many thanks.

:)

Glowroy, Dec 7, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown W10 Open with context menu problem :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Dec 7, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

AndreePin, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 Open with context menu problem - Similar Threads - W10 Open context

2. W10 Open with context menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Open with context menu problem: Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit. This took about 20 minutes, it removed all the 3rd party apps, and the pc is functioning fine, however, I soon found out that there is a...
  3. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...
  4. context menu problem

context menu problem: Hovering with the mouse on a context menu it usually highlighted the options, now it doesn't, but only for the menus opened upon the desktop or a regular folder, the menus opened on a browser page like this one works as usual. How can i get back the highlight on all menus...
  5. Context menu problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu problem: The very first right click on the desktop take ages to respond on my windows 10 os laptop . But after the first click responds everything is running smooth and good. But only the first right click is very delayed ....please help with this...
  6. Context menu problem

Context menu problem: Hello, Everyone! Ever since 1903 came out I have noticed then I right-click on [ATTACH] file explorer the context menu open but some of the time it doesn't. Also when in "Setting/Update & Security" when clicking on it it seems to freeze up. Does anyone else have these...
  7. Problem with context menu

Problem with context menu: When I right click on the desktop and choose the item, it gets stuck on the screen. Then I right click again and it works. It is the context menu broken, I think, because it is greyed out until the cursor points at it....
  8. context menu 'open' video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    context menu 'open' video: When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens in another program. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this 'open' value would be. I have found 'open...
  9. open with notepad context menu

open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...
  10. Context Menu Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Problem: When I right-click on an executable, the context menu shows "%1 %* instead of Run. [img] The executable runs when I click "%1 %* I searched the registry but could not find a "%1 %* value. I have no idea how this happened. How can I change it back to Run. Thanks for...