Windows 10: W10 Passwords

Discus and support W10 Passwords in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; G'day chaps and chappesses, Been asked to sort out a Tosh 50d lappy, running W10/64, which I am told is genuine. It is labelled as a W8 machine, so has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cabeca Branca, Nov 23, 2019.

1. W10 Passwords

G'day chaps and chappesses, Been asked to sort out a Tosh 50d lappy, running W10/64, which I am told is genuine. It is labelled as a W8 machine, so has been upgraded at some point, no idea who did that. Basically the user has forgotten the password. Seems to be a local account, not a MS. So far I have rebooted from a USB with the latest W10 install, got to the repair, CMD prompt etc and set the built in Admin account active, but this does not appear as a log in option on the welcome screen, just the locked user account. I have already copied all the docs/photos etc from the HD via a dock, and can obviously do a clean install from the USB and then copy them back, but would prefer to recover it if possible as I don't have all the other software to fully reinstall.
    Net User doesn't appear to list the user account, it shows the administrator as active, but so far can't find a way to log on as admin.

Any suggestions, preferably anatomically possible, gratefully received.

Puzzled Paul

:)

Cabeca Branca, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Unable to change MS password and email on W10 pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand you concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Recovery Environment.

• Go to the “Lock Screen” and press and hold the shift key and click on the
      power icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • You will have to restart your computer, you will be prompted to click on “Restart Anyway”.
    • Then you select “Troubleshoot” and click on
      “Advance Option” and locate and select Command Prompt

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Once you open Command prompt type
    net user administrator /active:yes (To disable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).

• Then press ENTER.

Step 3: Switch Account

From the in built administrator account, create a new local account and follow the steps below:

• Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Note: If you have created a local account you can perform the step mentioned above from that account.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 23, 2019
  4. W10 Passwords

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

W10 Passwords

1. W10 Passwords - Similar Threads - W10 Passwords

2. W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password: Hi, I don't understand my W10 account. I have a MS account, and the W10 settings shows me this MS account. But in fact my account name, folder, etc. has only the first 5 letters "klicl" of my MS account. And the "net user" command shows a "guest" and "WDAGUtility" account. In...
  3. W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password: Hi, I don't understand my W10 account. I have a MS account, and the W10 settings shows me this MS account. But in fact my account name, folder, etc. has only the first 5 letters "klicl" of my MS account. And the "net user" command shows a "guest" and "WDAGUtility" account. In...
  4. W10 admin/MS account user is "guest" and "wdagutilityaccount", no password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  6. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  7. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...: I put my computer in safe mode, but when I restarted it asked for my password, and it rejected my ms password, so I am locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-open-w10-in-safe-mode-and-screen-asked/d09bcd01-c377-4afd-94d3-9916fb4992ea
  9. Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...: I put my computer in safe mode, but when I restarted it asked for my password, and it rejected my ms password, so I am locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-open-w10-in-safe-mode-and-screen-asked/d09bcd01-c377-4afd-94d3-9916fb4992ea
  10. Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...