Windows 10: W10 PC Will Not Wake From Sleep Using Wake On Lan; Works When PC is Shut Down

Discus and support W10 PC Will Not Wake From Sleep Using Wake On Lan; Works When PC is Shut Down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/COREM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsf9u1/w10_pc_will_not_wake_from_sleep_using_wake_on_lan/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/COREM, Nov 11, 2020.

1. /u/COREM Win User

W10 PC Will Not Wake From Sleep Using Wake On Lan; Works When PC is Shut Down

/u/COREM, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Neil13764 Win User

Wake on Lan - Not Working

My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan.

I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not even know what a wake on lan was).

Neil13764, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Korona165 Win User
    Wake On Lan Question

I know how to set and work Wake Up On Lan and it works. My question is more about Wake Up On Lan in general. Is there anyway at all to use Wake Up On Lan over WiFi or dose it only work when the pc is connected to Lan(cable)? Is there any other way
    to wake the pc from Sleep Mode by my Router or something? Or is the only Wake Up On Lan by Cable only?

I have to ask this then if you only can use Wake Up On Lan by using Cable only. How come in Device Manager and select my WiFi card and go to Power Management I have 3 setting 1: Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 2: Allow this device
    to wake the computer. 3: Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer. The under the Advanced Tap I have options like this 1: ARP offload for WoWLAN. 2: GTK rekeying for WoWLAN. 3: NS offload for WoWLAN. 4: Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect. 5: Wake on Magic Packet.
    6: Wake on Pattern Match. That’s all under my wireless card so how came Wake On Lan can’t be used over WiFi but I have all of the options? I can say over WiFi with my pc on and I use a Wake On Lan Tool to test if everything is setup right it passes and I can
    even put my pc to sleep using WiFi just can’t wake it.

Korona165, Nov 11, 2020
  4. W10 PC Will Not Wake From Sleep Using Wake On Lan; Works When PC is Shut Down

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

W10 PC Will Not Wake From Sleep Using Wake On Lan; Works When PC is Shut Down

1. W10 PC Will Not Wake From Sleep Using Wake On Lan; Works When PC is Shut Down - Similar Threads - W10 Wake Sleep

2. Wake on LAN working when pc is in sleep but not when it is shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on LAN working when pc is in sleep but not when it is shutdown: The problem is as the title says. I don't know if this problem persists because the computer is connected to wifi.I have used this thread's suggestion but it hasn't worked for me. [ Solved ] Windows 10 Wake On LAN Problem After Shutdown - Microsoft CommunityThe things I have...
  3. Wake on LAN working when pc is in sleep but not when it is shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake on LAN working when pc is in sleep but not when it is shutdown: The problem is as the title says. I don't know if this problem persists because the computer is connected to wifi.I have used this thread's suggestion but it hasn't worked for me. [ Solved ] Windows 10 Wake On LAN Problem After Shutdown - Microsoft CommunityThe things I have...
  4. Wake on LAN working when pc is in sleep but not when it is shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  6. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  7. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  9. Wake on LAN WoL Randomly Waking PC During Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on LAN WoL Randomly Waking PC During Sleep: Hello, I was wondering if someone here could help me out with a network-related problem, please? I am trying to use WoL to access my computer when I am away from my desktop, but my desktop cannot stay asleep because it keeps randomly being woken up by my network card, an...
  10. PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.: After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down. I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ? Thanks 101154