Windows 10: W10 pc Wouldn't Wake Up Problem ?

Discus and support W10 pc Wouldn't Wake Up Problem ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Always something new, I guess. Never had this before. Couldn't wake up my HP W10 desktop pc from sleep mode, which I have it set to sleep each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

W10 pc Wouldn't Wake Up Problem ?

Hello,

Always something new, I guess.
    Never had this before.

Couldn't wake up my HP W10 desktop pc from sleep mode, which I have it set to sleep
    each night automatically after I go to bed.

Hp desktop, was on, but no display on the monitor.
    Sometimes, a small diamond shaped icon would show on the monitor.
    (batteries in Keyboard and zMouse are brand new)

Tried just about every key and key combination, for 10 minutes, and finally it woke up

Took sleep mode off of both pc and monitor now, as I don't want to go thru this again.
    But would really like to have, hence this question, please:

If hitting a key on the keypad, or using the Mouse doesn't wake everything up,
    is there a keyboard key combination that will (definitely) do it and wake everything up ?

Is this a fairly "common" problem ?

Thanks for all the previous help,
    Stay well, and Happy Holidays,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 27, 2020

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 27, 2020
  4. W10 pc Wouldn't Wake Up Problem ?

Computer Wakes Up from sleep mode after installing W10

Original title: Computer Wakes Up sine installing W10

Since upgrading to W10 my Acer PC it keeps waking up every 15 minutes after putting it to sleep with the sleep button. This used to happen when I first connected it to BT using an Ethernet cable. I sorted this problem out then and it has been OK since but
    now it started happening again. I have disconnected the cable and put it on Wi-Fi and it was OK for a couple of days and now it has started waking up again. I have unchecked all the power management settings that say 'allow this device to wake up etc'.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Prickly-Dave, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

W10 pc Wouldn't Wake Up Problem ?

1. W10 pc Wouldn't Wake Up Problem ? - Similar Threads - W10 Wouldn't Wake

2. PC keeps waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps waking up.: For the past few days, every time I put my PC in sleep mode, it wakes up a few minutes later. Sometimes less than a minute later. I've never had this issue before. It would always stay sleep. I'm in Windows Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. 165822
  3. Pc keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc keeps waking up: My pc keeps waking up from update orchestrator , I go into the command and enterpowercfg -waketimers the experation date just keeps moving so everynight my pc wakes up, I have to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep, This is an inconvenience, I can leave it on all...
  4. PC Wake Problem

PC Wake Problem: No matter how many times I put the PC to sleep it constantly wakes and is driving me insane. Here's the result from the cmd, please help as I really don't understand it.[ATTACH]...
  5. PC won't wake up: Intermittent problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't wake up: Intermittent problem: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow This afternoon, I was not...
  6. Problems waking up the computer

Problems waking up the computer: I have had problems waking up the computer. It sometimes it freezes before going to sleep completely that is with a black screen, keyboard and mouse lit but no keys will wake it up. I have to shut it off by holding the power button then turning it back on to reboot. Lately I...
  7. Wake up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up problems: Hi all my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , anyone knows how to fix ? Thx 48515
  8. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  9. problem waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem waking up: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 the other day and since then when I put it in sleep mode it will not wake up, Can anybody help me? Thanks 11207
  10. pc would not wake up

in Windows 10 Support
    pc would not wake up: I have posted that my pc was working fine with windows 10TP. today i left the machine (working doing its updates etc (left turned on)). when after a few hours i went to use the pc it would not wake up i had to unplug at the mains to get it going again.. Now realy...