Windows 10: W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it

Discus and support W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My W10 ver18.362 desktop boots up to a user account that is not showing in my user account settings There are two user accounts on my pc but my PC... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by provlima, Dec 17, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it

My W10 ver18.362 desktop boots up to a user account that is not showing in my user account settings

There are two user accounts on my pc but my PC always boots up to a user account that has not existed for over a year. I then have to change user accounts to one of the two existing accounts

When I go into my user account settings there are the two user accounts we use bu the "phantom" user account is not there..

Any ideas as to how to eliminate the non existing user account ???

:)

provlima, Dec 17, 2019
  2. AndreyT Win User

Phantom User Account

What "user list" are you talking about specifically? Where exactly do you see this extra account?

There is "User Accounts" applet in Control Panel. There's "Users" list in Computer Management applet. There is user list that drops down from your name in Start Menu (if you have Fast User Switching enabled). There is user list on Welcome screen (for interactive users). There is a list of user profiles in Advanced System Settings... Etc etc etc.

Do you see that mysterious user in all of these places? Some of them? Just one of them?

Anyway, what you are seeing must be this

oymlgoleopw user account - ESET Beta Products for Home Users - ESET Security Forum
    Unknown User Account - ESET Smart Security - ESET Security Forum

The account is created by Anti Theft feature of ESET Smart Security, if you have that feature enabled.

AndreyT, Dec 17, 2019
  3. EdBattle Win User
    How to find phantom user account to delete it

When I turn on the PC every day, the W10 login screen defaults to a 'phantom' login with the correct user name, but lacking a usable password option. Whatever password it wants, I don't have it.

I then click on a second option which is the same correct user name, but is actually my MS account, with my Outlook.com email address, password and PIN. I can then proceed to login. It's my correct Administrator account with all related information running
    perfectly.

I cannot find the alternate 'phantom' user account that the computer initially defaults to every day, and which doesn't work. When I search for it, the 'phantom' account doesn't pop up as a Guest or Administrator account under User Accounts, so I can't remove
    it. It's in there somewhere, but how to find it?

A fix would be gratefully appreciated, as it adds unnecessary steps every time I logon to my computer.

EdBattle, Dec 17, 2019
  4. orealius Win User

How to Delete Phantom User Account?

I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts
    but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder?

orealius, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it - Similar Threads - W10 phantom user

2. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  3. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  4. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. When I check for other users it says there are no there users on the PC. If anyone knows...
  5. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. If anyone knows what's going on could you please tell me what it is and how to fix it as...
  6. W10 Phantom user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Phantom user account: I recently had a catastrophic failure of my SSD C drive. I'm up and running and working fine. My main user account is "Thomas Lowe" but there is another user account listed on the C drive as "tom". Now when I install software the settings are often stored in the appdata...
  7. How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?: Tricky one for me, hope you can help. I created three network shares all pointing to the USB HDD "NAS" coming off my router. Only ONE is actually mapped but all three are accessible via drilling down under Network. I want to delete two of them, except the actual mapped drive...
  8. How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?: Tricky one for me, hope you can help. I created three network shares all pointing to the USB HDD coming off my router. Only ONE is actually mapped but all three are accessible via drilling down under Network. I want to delete two of them, except the actual mapped drive with...
  9. How to Delete Phantom User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Delete Phantom User Account?: I have what seems to be a phantom User Account in my Users Folder. It is not listed when I go to Settings/Accounts but it is showing up in Windows Explorer. It has one of my APP DATA Folders, as well. How do I delete what seems to be an unnecessary Account Folder? 112509
  10. Phantom User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Phantom User Account: Hello, I upgraded my ASUS QF550/Windows 8.1 to Windows 10/Threshold II after the MS invitation. I'm also using ESET Smart Security. The upgrade went smoothly and my computer is running better than ever. However, I've noticed that a mysterious phantom user account keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of truouble with microsoft accunt

2. remove phantom user

3. phantom account in windows 10

4. microsoft account pop up,
  5. i ve got two users in w10?