Windows 10: W10 Photo app is slow when cutting a video

Discus and support W10 Photo app is slow when cutting a video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When cutting a video, the app freezes for a while. When the cutting interface finally appears, it freezes again for 15-20, before working again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by olilolfu, Aug 14, 2019.

1. olilolfu Win User

W10 Photo app is slow when cutting a video

When cutting a video, the app freezes for a while. When the cutting interface finally appears, it freezes again for 15-20, before working again normally.

:)

olilolfu, Aug 14, 2019
  2. nrkmann Win User

W10 slow Video

This AM video on Microsoft Games (advertisement video), Facebook (imbedded video), and YouTube all slowed to a crawl. As a user slow logon as an Admin and video is OK.

Rebooted everything, modem, router, computer and checked internet speed (almost 100 Mb/sec).

Did an internet search but all the answers are years old... checked them anyway.

Intel video display adaptor driver is up to date.

I am sure it is W10 as all my Mac and iPad stream video correctly and W10 with admin privilege functions well.

nrkmann, Aug 14, 2019
  3. GJWW Win User
    photos app in w10

how to clear recent files that were opened from the photo app listing in w10 start menu

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

4. Gino Des Win User

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the methods below and check if it helps to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run Maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks for issues that might slow down your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Method 2: Turn off Automatically enhance my photos.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file and are only applied upon viewing the photo. Turning it off may help speed up the loading of photos. Here are the steps on how to turn off enhancements:

• Open Photos.
    • Click on the three dots on the upper right part of the app and click on
      Settings
    • Under Viewing and editing, turn off Automatically enhance my photos by moving the slider.
    • If you are not using OneDrive, you can also turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 Photo app is slow when cutting a video - Similar Threads - W10 Photo app

2. Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.: I seem to be unable to trim videos in the Photo app. Usually stalls at around 20% and would sit there long term without saving the trim. It had worked fine before the last update. Ideas?...
  3. Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.: I seem to be unable to trim videos in the Photo app. Usually stalls at around 20% and would sit there long term without saving the trim. It had worked fine before the last update. Ideas?...
  4. Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open: When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried everything: reseting the app, using the troubleshooter,reinstalling the appCould somebody help me with this?...
  5. Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open: When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried everything: reseting the app, using the troubleshooter,reinstalling the appCould somebody help me with this?...
  6. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  7. Videos on Photos app

Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  8. SLOW AND UNRESPONSIVE SYSTEM WHEN OPENING VIDEO AN PHOTO FILES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW AND UNRESPONSIVE SYSTEM WHEN OPENING VIDEO AN PHOTO FILES: I am at the point where I will Totally give up on you! I will switch to Apple! EVER SINCE YOUR DAMNED SO-CALLED UPGRADE, I AM UNABLE TO OPEN MPEG, JPEG, MP3 ETC FILES--The green loading bar at the top takes forever and eventually JUST FREEZES! MAKE THIS STOP!!!...
  9. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  10. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...