Windows 10: W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

Discus and support W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OldBob2, May 22, 2019.

1. OldBob2 Win User

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The collection tab shows all my pictures in the designated folder (pictures) and it has made all of them searchable. I have updated, reset, repaired, updated Microsoft store , uninstalled and reinstalled the Photo app several times with the same results..only dozen people recognized. Can someone please help me?

:)

OldBob2, May 22, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the face recognition in Microsoft Photos app is not working properly after resetting the app. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get a better clarity on the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Which version of Photos app is installed on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

The Photos app recognizes the faces from the contacts saved in the People app. If the Photos app is unable to recognize the faces in the photos then, I suggest you to try resetting the People app and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Press and hold Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and look for
      People
      app, click on it and click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Reset to reset the application.
    Note: Resetting the app will reset it to default settings. You will have to re-add the account to People app after resetting it.

If resetting the app didn’t fix the issue, I suggest you to manually add the contacts in People app whose face is not getting detected in the Photos app. You can refer the section
    Add contacts from the article
    People app help

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 22, 2019
  3. Photos not being recognized in Photo App

Scott,

Did this answer help you? I haven't attempted it yet, but it sounds like the suggestion was intended to fix your app and not recognize/find your photos. I'm having the same issue. I can only view the pictures I uploaded through the photos app and cannot
    find them to export them.

Colin

colinwmurphy24, May 22, 2019
  4. GJWW Win User

photos app in w10

how to clear recent files that were opened from the photo app listing in w10 start menu

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thema:

1. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos - Similar Threads - W10 Photo App

2. Photos app unable to recognize device to import photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app unable to recognize device to import photos: The Photos app on my laptop is unable to recognize connected devices to import photos. I have tried with multiple different devices - an iPhone and a Sony camera - but the app is unable to import photos from any of them. It is not a problem with the laptop because other...
  3. Photos app unable to recognize device to import photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app unable to recognize device to import photos: The Photos app on my laptop is unable to recognize connected devices to import photos. I have tried with multiple different devices - an iPhone and a Sony camera - but the app is unable to import photos from any of them. It is not a problem with the laptop because other...
  4. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  5. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  6. W10 Photos

W10 Photos: Hello! Photos in W10 has created dozens of empty albums. 1. How to "mass" suppress them = all at once ?... ...and keeping those which are not empty 2. How to add a given picture to an existing album Chris...
  7. Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos: I use Microsoft.Photos to manage all my photos (about 20K files). When i first checked possibilities using this tool, i was suprised to see that thousands of good face detection for many persons had been done automatically. For exemple i got around 2300 detection concerning...
  8. Photo Apps not launching at all!

Photo Apps not launching at all!: My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost everything!! - Repair - Reset - Uninstall and Install again - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's...
  9. PHOTOS APP W10 "The App didn't Start"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PHOTOS APP W10 "The App didn't Start": Hi, For a few weeks now I am unable to launch the Official W10 Photos app, therefore I can't open any image as well. After the app got updated through the Microsoft Store it just crashed, impossible to launch the Photos App always get this error popup message "The App...
  10. Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos

Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos: Hi, the Photos app has indexed all my pictures in the onedrive-Folder. OK. Then I made them "Online available" to safe disk space. Every week, onedrive begins to download all my pictures. This are 200 GB of data. It seems, the photos app tries to reindex all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 photo app not recognizing faces

2. microsoft photo app not recognizing faces

3. windows photo not recognizing face