Windows 10: W10 Photos App won't let me rotate (it reverts back)

Discus and support W10 Photos App won't let me rotate (it reverts back) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've just gotten all of my 12,000 photos over from iCloud Photos on a big move from Apple to Microsoft. I've let the machine analyse and run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Inevitable_Suspect_2, Oct 25, 2020.

1. W10 Photos App won't let me rotate (it reverts back)

Hello, I've just gotten all of my 12,000 photos over from iCloud Photos on a big move from Apple to Microsoft. I've let the machine analyse and run through all my photos which is nice - OneDrive is mashing them up into all sorts of cool to look through albums.

However, as I'm out taking new photos this weekend and they sync back to my PC... I'm noticing some need rotated. So I open the photo, let it download the full res one, and rotate it (usually 3 clicks) and wait a second... it pops back into the original, incorrect position.

Any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Inevitable_Suspect_2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Inevitable_Suspect_2, Oct 25, 2020

2. I rotate photos in Windows 10 app, but when uploading to Amazon they revert to original

I recently uploaded to Windows 10 and am regretting it.

I input the photos from a card using the Windows 10 app, and then rotate the photos and hit Apply. They display correctly in my file. When I am trying to upload to my Amazon listing, they revert back to the non-rotated original photo. I searched the web
    and found another user who had a similar issue (http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how-do-i-rotate-a-photo-in-windows-10/).

I tried to use another photo editor instead but the results were the same.

Also, how can I get the photo app to save by day instead of just putting everything into one file by month?

StellaBellovin, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Rotate a photo in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Rotating a photo within Fresh paint is currently unavailable. However, you may try these steps:

• Save the paint file.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Open the location on where you saved the file.
    • Right click on the paint file. Click on Rotate right or
      rotate left.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 25, 2020
  4. W10 Photos App won't let me rotate (it reverts back)

Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

W10 Photos App won't let me rotate (it reverts back)

1. W10 Photos App won't let me rotate (it reverts back) - Similar Threads - W10 Photos App

2. Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image: When I try to rotate my images in the Windows Photos viewer, it does initially allow me to rotate, but within a few seconds I get an error popup that says "Saving your changes...Something went wrong", and reverts it back to its original rotation. Everything online about this...
  3. Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photos won't allow me to rotate images / won't save rotated image: When I try to rotate my images in the Windows Photos viewer, it does initially allow me to rotate, but within a few seconds I get an error popup that says "Saving your changes...Something went wrong", and reverts it back to its original rotation. Everything online about this...
  4. Windows Photo App not letting me print

Windows Photo App not letting me print: When I go to print a photo from the Windows Photo App, I click the print icon and something flashes on screen for like half a second and then disappears. Im assuming its the print preview window. Then after that happens I click it again and absolutely nothing happens. If I...
  5. Photos won't rotate a photo without reverting back a few seconds later

Photos won't rotate a photo without reverting back a few seconds later: As the title says, really. I rotate a photo on the Photos app in Windows 10, only for a few seconds later for it to go back to the initial incorrect orientation. Any ways to stop this? I like the app just want it to work....
  6. minecraftforum.net won't let me back into mobile site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraftforum.net won't let me back into mobile site: Hi, i'm having trouble going back into mobile site. I was clicking desktop site multiple times but it won't let me back on it. Does anyone know why can't i go back into mobile site?? Here's a screenshot that i took [ATTACH]...
  7. minecraftforum.com won't let me back into mobile site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraftforum.com won't let me back into mobile site: Hi, i'm having trouble going back into mobile site. I was clicking desktop site multiple times but it won't let me back on it. Does anyone know why can't i go back into mobile site?? Here's a screenshot that i took [ATTACH]...
  8. Won't let me buy and download Minecraft W10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me buy and download Minecraft W10 Edition: I want to buy and download Minecraft W10 Edition on my pc (Which meets all the requirements listed on the site). The Windows Store gives me a button to redeem a code and a button to get a free trial. I asummed after downloading the trial, the store would give me a link to buy...
  9. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  10. Windows 10 automatically updated last night. Won't let me revert back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 automatically updated last night. Won't let me revert back.: Hi. i'm hoping someone can help me out. My mother left her laptop on last night while she went to work and it automatically installed a new Windows update which I think may be the Creator's Build, but i'm not sure. It looks like this. https://i.imgur.com/90g5SeC.png *Note the...