Windows 10: W10 Pro defer updates option is gone.

Discus and support W10 Pro defer updates option is gone. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I've noticed that the first option to defer updates, the one that lets you delay Windows feature overhaul upgrades, is gone and just the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jlcame, Aug 9, 2019.

1. jlcame Win User

W10 Pro defer updates option is gone.

Hello.

I've noticed that the first option to defer updates, the one that lets you delay Windows feature overhaul upgrades, is gone and just the other one that delays security updates os there.

What gives?

Thank you.

W10 Pro defer updates option is gone. 65b7839f-adf0-49b6-b943-2f0fda1d5cc6?upload=true.png How it should look like:

W10 Pro defer updates option is gone. 85ca87ce-4271-4bd6-a840-63f6c6b08ec1?upload=true.jpg

:)

jlcame, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

W10 Home no defer upgrades

Hi! Getting things ready

Okay the metered bandwidth is an issue with peak hour downloads for me. 2 am - 8 am I can get 50 GB. I can find no schedule check for update option Pro or Home. I know there is a check for update option, but that means I have to sit up until 2 am to trigger
    the update. If it does not auto during peak hours. Which it does but I can go offline until 2 am. It sure is nice having a PC that does the work for me. But anyway... my W10 Home version has no option to defer upgrades as W10 Pro does.

• Have a notification in action center that there is a new version release available.
    • Don't forget about office PC's while pushing mobile, social media, trending, etc.
    • Give a free W10 Pro 64 bit license to me, for my new Christmas hardware presents
    • Don't forget about corporate use of windows, healthcare, retail chain stores, etc.

W10 Pro defer updates option is gone. 3de761a8-7082-4f9f-8507-63eab187da72.jpg

Teddy2016, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Defer Win 10 Pro Updates?

Hi Gunny,

Thank you for keeping us posted on this query. We apologize for the delay in response.

If you are using Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise or Education edition, then you will be able to defer the download and installation of Windows Updates on your computer system. Windows 10 Home users, will not see this option. Windows 10 Pro and Home users
    cannot disable automatic updates.

Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you select defer upgrades, new Windows features will not be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates.

Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.

Follow the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type settings in the search box next to
    Start icon, and select the top most search result.

Step 2: Select Updates & Recovery option from the window, and then click on
    Advanced Options.

Step 3: Check the box Defer Upgrades.

To know more, click on the link below

Defer upgrades in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Aug 9, 2019
  4. saberman Win User

Where Is The Defer Updates Option?

Windows 10 Pro x64

Standalone machine -- no domain controller.

I open Windows Update and click on Advanced but there isn't any option to Defer Updates. Where is it.

saberman, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. W10 Pro defer updates option is gone. - Similar Threads - W10 Pro defer

2. Would Microsoft please restore the option to defer updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would Microsoft please restore the option to defer updates?: At this very moment I'm in the proc se of doing everything I can to stop my computer from updating to Windows 11. Windows 11 already forced it's way into my laptop a few months back and destroyed it. Totally unusable. I was forced to buy another computer. As I don't make a...
  3. Would Microsoft please restore the option to defer updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would Microsoft please restore the option to defer updates?: At this very moment I'm in the proc se of doing everything I can to stop my computer from updating to Windows 11. Windows 11 already forced it's way into my laptop a few months back and destroyed it. Totally unusable. I was forced to buy another computer. As I don't make a...
  4. Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?: It simply gone here. What happened? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzi6bc/did_microsoft_remove_the_defer_upgrade_option_for/
  5. Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options: Hi! Since May 2019 Update there is the problem that if you enter Values (Days) on Advanced Update Options in Windows 10 Pro to delay the "Feature Updates" and "Quality Updates" for more than 0 Days, these options will disappear completely at the next reboot. If you enter...
  6. deferring semi-annual feature updates gone?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    deferring semi-annual feature updates gone?: W10 Pro v1903 I upgraded to v1903 some week ago, and in the delivery settings I selected -as usual- postpone time for further updates/upgrades as long as possible (365 days, resp 35 days). Therefore I was surprised that yesterday an automatic update was taking place. That...
  7. Deferring Updates

Deferring Updates: Hi guys, I apologise if this has been previously discussed but I couldn’t find clarity on the answer we require. We have recently upgraded to the latest creators fall feature update and unfortunately for us it pushed its self through with a restart when one of PCs was on...
  8. W10 home has a defer update that can be check, is that a fluke or...?

W10 home has a defer update that can be check, is that a fluke or...?: W10 home has a defer update box that can be checked, is that a fluke or a new feature? This is not the insider build, it is the most recent windows 10 image created with the windows 10 media creation tools (Iso image). I read on different sites the defer update box...
  9. Defer updates

Defer updates: Something I just experienced and wondering about how or why it can be this way. I have had 10 on my machine for a month or more now. Just finished upgrading my wife's a couple of hours ago. Identical computers as far as make,model etc. Did a check for updates on mine just...
  10. Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option

Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option: Hi In the "Advanced options" of "Windows Update" there is the "Defer upgrades" option. If I select, what happens? Thanks Bye 8161

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 feature update option missing