Windows 10: W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality

Discus and support W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a client who is performing clean PC rebuilds from W7Pro to W10Pro and stated he used the following link to perform the task (view the link at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by annadarlagiannis, Jun 13, 2019.

1. W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality

I have a client who is performing clean PC rebuilds from W7Pro to W10Pro and stated he used the following link to perform the task (view the link at the end) and was successful. I remoted in and saw that he has a generic code that generated VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. This PC did NOT include a W10 Pro license nor was this done during the "free" upgrade period of July 2015-2016. My understanding is that a genuine W10 Pro license (or an upgrade license since the PC did come with W7Pro) still needs to be purchased in order to adhere to the EULA. Besides the legality issue are there any repercussions to this build i.e. is it a temporary license and for how long i.e. how long does he have with this generic code? Are there any lost functionality and if so what?

Please provide link or documentation as I feel this client thinks I am misinformed about the license rules. He is under the understanding that ANY pc build in 2012 or later is eligible for a free W10Pro license.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

:)

annadarlagiannis, Jun 13, 2019

2. Is that legal to reinstall trial version of windows every time trial period has expired ?

Is that legal to reinstall trial version of windows every time trial period has expired ?

Ahmed.Ibrahim, Jun 13, 2019
  3. langyboi Win User
    re-installation of windows 10 after the trial period using Windows 7 Pro key

Hi all,

I have a windows 7 Pro license key and i'm wanting to perform a clean install AFTER the trial period is over of upgrading to Windows 10, is it possible to activate windows 10 using the Win 7 Pro license key that comes with the DELL machine? Although I never
    upgraded this particular machine during the free trial period?

Thanking you,

Brent

langyboi, Jun 13, 2019
  4. W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality

moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality

1. W10 Pro generic license - trial period and legality - Similar Threads - W10 Pro generic

2. MS Project Free Trial Period

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Project Free Trial Period: Hi,I just registered with Project Plan 1. I received an invoice which said I will be charged in two days.Don't I have a one month free trial period?Thank you.Enrique *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  4. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  5. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Legal license W10

Legal license W10: Hello, I just bought a second hand HP laptop. I suspect that no legal W10 license is installed. The laptop is about 2 years old, so it should have a legal license. How can I check and correct that? Regards, John...
  7. license and legality

license and legality: using windows 10 that is not activated,is it legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-and-legality/da122f74-cc7f-4b0c-95d0-7233d620b2d0
  8. Legal Windows 10 Pro License

Legal Windows 10 Pro License: What is the link where I can buy a Windows 10 Pro licenses? I bought my computer over 5 years ago and the gentleman that installed the windows 10 pro installed it over an organization and has since let his licenses expire. I need to buy a new license. Not the product just...
  9. Windows 10 Trial Period

Windows 10 Trial Period: How long or how many days can i use windows 10 pro without activation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-trial-period/a71ce68c-6eae-4b07-86d3-81a23a19efed"
  10. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to trial w10