Windows 10: W10 Pro installation fails on good PC w/ wiped SSD

Discus and support W10 Pro installation fails on good PC w/ wiped SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get an error message about 20 seconds after I start the installation option of W10-64 on an ASUS P8Z77-V mb with 8gb RAM and a good Samsung 850 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MChin1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. MChin1 Win User

W10 Pro installation fails on good PC w/ wiped SSD

I get an error message about 20 seconds after I start the installation option of W10-64 on an ASUS P8Z77-V mb with 8gb RAM and a good Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD wiped clean, reformatted: "windows failed to start... insert installation disc, restart & click on "repair your computer". " This is not available as an option for me anywhere during the installation process. There's reference to a winload.efi file, status:0xc0000098, and the statement "The OS couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors."

Surely this must mean something is wrong with my expensive W10 Pro installation USB key? Please help!

:)

MChin1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. craig91 Win User

Install W10 on new SSD Failing

No dice *Sad Wiped to zeroes, created NTFS primary partition minus 1 GB, and then wouldn't let me proceed to install on that partition with the error "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files".

Error after trying to install on NTFS partition formatted in mini partition wizard.

W10 Pro installation fails on good PC w/ wiped SSD [​IMG]

Crucial MX200 250 GB SSD (cannot yet install windows on)

Stock Samsung 500 GB HDD with Windows 7 (still working/booting fine)

I tried going into the repair my computer at the start of the install wizard, ran a 'clean' from diskpart and install again on the unallocated block, still gives error. I am stumped.

craig91, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Peteb2018 Win User
    Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed.

I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new ssd and what steps I need to take to do this?

Many thanks,

Pete

Peteb2018, Mar 23, 2020
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

Thema:

1. W10 Pro installation fails on good PC w/ wiped SSD - Similar Threads - W10 Pro installation

2. W10 pro not recognizing w 11 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 pro not recognizing w 11 key: I got my driver wiped and need to install new windows. My system downgraded to windows 10 pro but won't accept w 11 key. My new build won't run w11. What to do? Is there a way to downgrade key to work on w10?...
  3. W10 pro not recognizing w 11 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 pro not recognizing w 11 key: I got my driver wiped and need to install new windows. My system downgraded to windows 10 pro but won't accept w 11 key. My new build won't run w11. What to do? Is there a way to downgrade key to work on w10?...
  4. W10 pro not recognizing w 11 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  6. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  7. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Failed W10 Install

Failed W10 Install: Ok ... purchased the W10 Home from the Microsoft Store yesterday Nov 3 2020 to update my W7 machine. Received the email with the key and the install link. When I purchased on the phone and asked about whether a 64bit install was included and was told that I would be...
  9. Wiping SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping SSD: My computer's not working right now, so I'm planning on wiping my ssd can fresh installing windows 10, if I were to wipe it, would I be able to use the same windows product key again? submitted by /u/JEEL13 [link] [comments]...
  10. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...