Windows 10: W10 Pro recovery lists cryptic drive in System Restore

Discus and support W10 Pro recovery lists cryptic drive in System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; W10 Pro. v. 2h11 build 19043.1081 Examining restore points, lists a cryptic drive. Wondering how to remove it. 182054 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by WacoJohn, Jul 3, 2021.

1. WacoJohn Win User

W10 Pro recovery lists cryptic drive in System Restore

W10 Pro. v. 2h11 build 19043.1081 Examining restore points, lists a cryptic drive. Wondering how to remove it.

:)

WacoJohn, Jul 3, 2021
  2. MattSA_01 Win User

Windows 10 Recovery

When I used the W10 Pro recovery disk from other CPU, it went through the first steps and left me at the screen listing the various partitions on the drive. I choose what was the C drive and it returned the following:

'Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.'

I will try what you suggested and get back.

Matt

MattSA_01, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. W10 Pro recovery lists cryptic drive in System Restore - Similar Threads - W10 Pro recovery

2. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  3. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  4. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. recovery drive of W10 Home

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery drive of W10 Home: I have decided, for 'just in case something happens', to make a recovery drive of my Windows 10 Home (version 10.0.19042) on a 32gb usb drive. In doing so, Windows has deleted most of my personal documents on the C: drive (mostly doc/pdf/xls), but not some of the ones on...
  6. recovery key for system restore

recovery key for system restore: recovery key ID: 6302967C-FEEB-4E50-8E70-00D740F4BB1A drive label: DESKTOP-LSFA8AM WINDOWS 4/6/2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-for-system-restore/83baaa1d-5ea4-4c06-a52a-b76ffa654585
  7. Restore Points and Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points and Recovery Drives: When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one? submitted by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen [link] [comments]...
  8. Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?

Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?: I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system? I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number ofrecovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a failing Windows 10 system....
  9. Upgrading to W10; System Restore Options

Upgrading to W10; System Restore Options: My PC came with a W8 system image. I generally do a restore to factory settings every few months to keep the PC running clean. Will I be able to do something similar with W10 once I complete the upgrade? If I wish to do that and maintain activation, will I only be able to...
  10. Is there a system restore feature in W10?

Is there a system restore feature in W10?: Today I somehow deleted an important folder from my desktop, and I am desperate to get it back? So is there a system restore feature in W10, if so where is it found, and would it restore my folder?*cry 104376