Windows 10: W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

Discus and support W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Phillip-Hopkins, Jan 25, 2022.

1. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a license key assigned from work and join my VM to the work domain. Unfortunately the IT bods are not keen on this idea.Now that I am all set up I'm none to keen to create a new VM with W10 Pro and get everything setup again. I will be purchasing a W10 Retail activation key, my question is what will happen if I enter a W10 Pro

:)

Phillip-Hopkins, Jan 25, 2022

2. Retail W10 Pro on usb

I have a legit retail W10 Pro on a USB.

The computer it was initially installed on is now a paperweight.

I have bought a replacement, and installed W10 Pro from the USB. Remember, this is a legitimate MS product.

Unfortunately, duh!, i did not store the activation key on the cloud, it is stored on the old computers hard drive, which i cannot access.

Therefore, I installed W10 Pro on a new computer and skipped activation, with the intention to input the activation key as soon as possible. Old computer is under warranty, but service center is closed for duration of lockdowns. I cant wait, therefore bought
    replacement.

Non-activated W10 Pro as installed has major limitations, including but not limited to the following super-critical ussues:

1. W10 cannot see the WLAN card,

2. W10 cannot see the graphics card, only a generic PnP display driver

3. W10 cannot see an external display

My understanding is that W10 installed without activation should be fully functional in these respects.

Is there anything I can do here?

MichaelMmmacg, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Jan 25, 2022
  4. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise"

I paid to upgrade W10 Home to W10 Pro. I keep getting "Activate Windows" message. When I look at Activation in Settings I see Edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. "Can't activate because you don't have a valid digital license." How did this happen and how
    do I fix it?

RobertSiddall, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

1. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation - Similar Threads - W10 Pro Retail

2. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  3. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  4. Retail W10 Pro on usb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail W10 Pro on usb: I have a legit retail W10 Pro on a USB. The computer it was initially installed on is now a paperweight. I have bought a replacement, and installed W10 Pro from the USB. Remember, this is a legitimate MS product. Unfortunately, duh!, i did not store the activation key...
  5. Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise"

Can't Activate W10 Pro. Seem to have "Enterprise": I paid to upgrade W10 Home to W10 Pro. I keep getting "Activate Windows" message. When I look at Activation in Settings I see Edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. "Can't activate because you don't have a valid digital license." How did this happen and how do I fix it?...
  6. Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home...

Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home...: I have -2- persistent problems that are difficult to find specific information on: 1)Expired windows store token certificate (2018), reappears continually (after shutdown) with full-rights access (all check-boxes) for certificate purpose. A replacement token certificate...
  7. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  8. Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !

Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !: Hi there anybody know how to fix this Have changed no hardware whatsoever on this machine -- was running perfectly until about an hour ago and then said please activate windows !!!!! here's the screenshot [img] What to do next -- can restore but I'd rather...
  9. Activate W10 build 10240 ENTERPRISE version

Activate W10 build 10240 ENTERPRISE version: Hi there PRO installed already activated. For Enterprise - it's no point trying the published standard Enterprise key -- you won't be able to activate until Ms's activation servers are switched on at the end of July -- so if you are a HOME user using Enterprise --...
  10. Clean installation of W10 Enterprise doubt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation of W10 Enterprise doubt: Hi all, I just acquired a Windows 10 Enterprise key and updated from Pro to Enterprise. System upgraded, installed new features, etc. My question is this one: next time I install Windows in a clean installation, should I use W10 Pro media, or Enterprise 90 days...