W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up

Discus and support W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there This old error suddenly seems to have come back again Some duplicate folders showing up again. (Note I CLEAN re-installed W10 after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This old error suddenly seems to have come back again

Some duplicate folders showing up again. (Note I CLEAN re-installed W10 after an upgrade - legally activated).

W10 PRO  RTM  File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

After Windows 10 issues, I returned system to 8.1 and reinstalled Windows 10 update. Prior to this I backed up files with File History to an external drive.

My File History shows a duplicate of the files I had backed up when viewed with File Explorer. If you use File Explorer and browse the folders do you see all your files. (even though saved with duplicates for those that were changed) If so you could just
    copy the files back to the original location you need.

neilpzz, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AJRich Win User
    Networked PC's are no longer viewable in File Explorer Network after the Win 10 Update 1511.

Disappearing networked PCs showed up after upgrading to W10 Creators Update.

Tried the desktop shortcut --> Quick Access.

Worked perfectly. Also the PCs the appeared appeared in File Explorer Networks folder.

AJRich, Aug 5, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

By any chance you have 2 BBC folders from different drives pinned to Quick Access ???

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

No -- only one.

Actually I'd like to stop the quick access from appearing at all - It just gets in the way. Sometimes programs that try and be "too helpful" make matters MORE complicated.

Another issue -- anyway to stop ONE DRIVE from appearing in the list - I don't use it, don't want it and don't even want to SEE it. The folder options setting in the settings doesn't do what it says it does !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Try to see if you can unpin BBC's from quick access
    OneDrive - Add or Remove from This PC in Windows 8.1

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Did you actually TRY this with W10 RTM -- doesn't work on my system -- One drive is STILL showing.

Might work for W8.1 but doesn't for W10 RTM.

I'd quite like The quick access folder to be removed too --it's a NUISANCE.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Sorry I did not try it. Thought that it would be the same for Win10. However, Try the below, sign out and sign back in. It should hide onedrive from explorer:
    • Win+R->gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OneDrive
      double click on: Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage.
    • Click on: Enable, Apply

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Attachment 28955
    Hi there

Thanks --that worked perfectly -- Much better -- no more stupid one drive !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up - Similar Threads - W10 PRO RTM

2. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  3. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error: So after a few hours of windows reinstalling, it was time to pick a language, keyboard language aswell as my timezone, which I did however I got this “explor.exe application error” which automatically closed itself after around 2 seconds and which then my pc restarted, after...
  4. Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?: Hi folks. Occasionally I experience BSOD, and in a previous question from me (for various reasons did not get a response in the thread) my problem is the event will not be written as a dump file. My computer has 64 GB or internal RAM, which I have set the minimum page wrap...
  5. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....
  6. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  7. Error?

Error?: When i was installing a update to my windows 10 it stopped responding. Then I restarted my windows to see if that would cancel it to reinstall but it just keeps saying getting windows ready. Its been saying it for a while and i dont know if its good or not? Its starting to...
  8. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects: Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems to connect for 5 seconds and then disconnects for 5 seconds and continues this cycle endlessly. Running the Kinect...
  9. File Error 1073740791

File Error 1073740791: Started getting this error after the Windows 10 April 2018 update. Can document that fact. I had used the "Run as Administrator selection" to get backups on my financial software. I also noticed that the X on the window had stopped working on some things. I'm trying to...
  10. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects: Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems to connect for 5 seconds and then disconnects for 5 seconds and continues this cycle endlessly. Running the Kinect...