Windows 10: W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up

Discus and support W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there This old error suddenly seems to have come back again Some duplicate folders showing up again. (Note I CLEAN re-installed W10 after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up

Hi there

This old error suddenly seems to have come back again

Some duplicate folders showing up again. (Note I CLEAN re-installed W10 after an upgrade - legally activated).

W10 PRO  RTM  File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

After Windows 10 issues, I returned system to 8.1 and reinstalled Windows 10 update. Prior to this I backed up files with File History to an external drive.

My File History shows a duplicate of the files I had backed up when viewed with File Explorer. If you use File Explorer and browse the folders do you see all your files. (even though saved with duplicates for those that were changed) If so you could just
    copy the files back to the original location you need.

neilpzz, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AJRich Win User
    Networked PC's are no longer viewable in File Explorer Network after the Win 10 Update 1511.

Disappearing networked PCs showed up after upgrading to W10 Creators Update.

Tried the desktop shortcut --> Quick Access.

Worked perfectly. Also the PCs the appeared appeared in File Explorer Networks folder.

AJRich, Aug 5, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

By any chance you have 2 BBC folders from different drives pinned to Quick Access ???

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

No -- only one.

Actually I'd like to stop the quick access from appearing at all - It just gets in the way. Sometimes programs that try and be "too helpful" make matters MORE complicated.

Another issue -- anyway to stop ONE DRIVE from appearing in the list - I don't use it, don't want it and don't even want to SEE it. The folder options setting in the settings doesn't do what it says it does !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Try to see if you can unpin BBC's from quick access
    OneDrive - Add or Remove from This PC in Windows 8.1

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Did you actually TRY this with W10 RTM -- doesn't work on my system -- One drive is STILL showing.

Might work for W8.1 but doesn't for W10 RTM.

I'd quite like The quick access folder to be removed too --it's a NUISANCE.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Sorry I did not try it. Thought that it would be the same for Win10. However, Try the below, sign out and sign back in. It should hide onedrive from explorer:
    • Win+R->gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OneDrive
      double click on: Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage.
    • Click on: Enable, Apply

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Attachment 28955
    Hi there

Thanks --that worked perfectly -- Much better -- no more stupid one drive !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up - Similar Threads - W10 PRO RTM

2. Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11: I am using Windows 11 and in File Explorer I am seeing duplicate folder names under each of my library folders.This I am finding very confusing and I don't know if this is normal or an error. I am using a new computer and I do not what to transfer my files from the old system...
  3. Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11: I am using Windows 11 and in File Explorer I am seeing duplicate folder names under each of my library folders.This I am finding very confusing and I don't know if this is normal or an error. I am using a new computer and I do not what to transfer my files from the old system...
  4. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  5. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  6. Getting duplicate file folders in file explorer, how to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting duplicate file folders in file explorer, how to fix?: I am getting duplicate file folders in explorer. Sub-folders that I have in Desktop folder are duplicated at bottom of file list. I cannot move or delete the duplicates without losing the originals. Also "Libraries" is duplicated and cannot remove....
  7. Duplicate folders in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in my File Explorer: I know this had been covered long ago. It is impossible for me to find that particular thread. Would someone please tell me how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? Thank you. [img] 168975
  8. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  9. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  10. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer: My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home. W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared...