W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up

Discus and support W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi there This old error suddenly seems to have come back again Some duplicate folders showing up again. (Note I CLEAN re-installed W10 after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This old error suddenly seems to have come back again

Some duplicate folders showing up again. (Note I CLEAN re-installed W10 after an upgrade - legally activated).

[​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

After Windows 10 issues, I returned system to 8.1 and reinstalled Windows 10 update. Prior to this I backed up files with File History to an external drive.

My File History shows a duplicate of the files I had backed up when viewed with File Explorer. If you use File Explorer and browse the folders do you see all your files. (even though saved with duplicates for those that were changed) If so you could just
    copy the files back to the original location you need.

neilpzz, Aug 5, 2015
  3. AJRich Win User
    Networked PC's are no longer viewable in File Explorer Network after the Win 10 Update 1511.

Disappearing networked PCs showed up after upgrading to W10 Creators Update.

Tried the desktop shortcut --> Quick Access.

Worked perfectly. Also the PCs the appeared appeared in File Explorer Networks folder.

AJRich, Aug 5, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

By any chance you have 2 BBC folders from different drives pinned to Quick Access ???

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

No -- only one.

Actually I'd like to stop the quick access from appearing at all - It just gets in the way. Sometimes programs that try and be "too helpful" make matters MORE complicated.

Another issue -- anyway to stop ONE DRIVE from appearing in the list - I don't use it, don't want it and don't even want to SEE it. The folder options setting in the settings doesn't do what it says it does !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Try to see if you can unpin BBC's from quick access
    OneDrive - Add or Remove from This PC in Windows 8.1

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    [​IMG]
    Hi there

Did you actually TRY this with W10 RTM -- doesn't work on my system -- One drive is STILL showing.

Might work for W8.1 but doesn't for W10 RTM.

I'd quite like The quick access folder to be removed too --it's a NUISANCE.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Sorry I did not try it. Thought that it would be the same for Win10. However, Try the below, sign out and sign back in. It should hide onedrive from explorer:
    • Win+R->gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OneDrive
      double click on: Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage.
    • Click on: Enable, Apply

topgundcp, Aug 6, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Attachment 28955
    Hi there

Thanks --that worked perfectly -- Much better -- no more stupid one drive !!!!

[​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up - Similar Threads - W10 PRO RTM

1. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?: Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them. Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums No go...
  2. How do I setup a Windows XP and 7 VM in W10 Pro with Acronis TIH 2018?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I setup a Windows XP and 7 VM in W10 Pro with Acronis TIH 2018?: For me, it's OK since it will be a Windows host. VBOX will probably do the job just fine. *Smile
  3. How to make W10 Pro Notify me Updates are available?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make W10 Pro Notify me Updates are available?: I am running W10 Pro build 1709 build 16299.192 and would like it to notify me when updates are available and give me the choice to not download now and not install them until I am ready to do so. I am totally confused by what I read about getting or not getting and...
  4. Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !

in Windows 10 Support
    Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !: Hi there anybody know how to fix this Have changed no hardware whatsoever on this machine -- was running perfectly until about an hour ago and then said please activate windows !!!!! here's the screenshot [img] What to do next -- can restore but I'd rather...
  5. Spring update GB edition W10 Pro X-64

in Windows 10 Support
    Spring update GB edition W10 Pro X-64: Hi folks easiest install ever (did as a VM) However Network is broken -- it can't see any non Windows servers (can via IP address but doesn't work from file explorer. First screen shot is current running windows - finds and can access all computers [img] 2nd...
  6. Wsearch repeatedly found disabled on startup. (W10 Pro x64, v1709)

in Windows 10 Support
    Wsearch repeatedly found disabled on startup. (W10 Pro x64, v1709): Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1709, OS build 16299.248). I've been finding on startup recently that the Windows Search service (wsearch) has been disabled, with the result that search indexing options are disabled, and maybe other functions are also affected, but I haven't...
  7. Cannot install W10 Pro (full install) - wants NEW PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install W10 Pro (full install) - wants NEW PC: A little history. I have been a PC owner/user for over 25 years, and have built my own systems from scratch for the last 20 years. I'm currently on the fourth build in my current ATX case. I had been a W2000 user, but had to migrate to Windows 7. I was happy with W7, but...
W10 PRO RTM File explorer error - duplicate folders showing up solved