Windows 10: W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories?

Discus and support W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys*. Since my Windows 10 updated to version 1703 (build 15063.502) I now have multiple "Windows" folders within my C drive. Windows (main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyle, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Kyle Win User

W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories?

Hey guys*.

Since my Windows 10 updated to version 1703 (build 15063.502) I now have multiple "Windows" folders within my C drive.
    • Windows (main installation folder)
    • $WINDOWS.~BT
    • Windows.old
    • Windows10Upgrade
    I am unsure of which is safe to delete because all three of the additional folders are taking significant storage space.

W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? [​IMG]

W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? [​IMG]

:)

Kyle, Aug 3, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 3, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? :)

musum, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Your system only uses the Windows folder. The other three are from the upgrade process. Windows should automatically delete them 10 days after your upgrade, in the mean time they are required should you wish to go back to your previous build.

If you are sure you don't want to undo the upgrade, then you can delete them. The best way is to run Windows own Disk Clean up, and click its 'clean up system files' button. That is Option One in this tutorial.

Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10

Bree, Aug 3, 2017
Thema:

1. W10 Pro Update - Multiple "WINDOWS" directories? - Similar Threads - W10 Pro Update

2. W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro: Hi all, As part on my A+ studies, I have noticed that some features are not part of the home edition. As part of my training package, I also have some other courses like the MCSE. Would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to W10 Pro? Kind Regards Tim...
  3. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hello on my old PC I delete activation key for w10 Pro with slmgr /upk - W10 Pro is now deaktivated. Now I try on my new PC to activate W10 Pro and ge the error 0x803fa067. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Rolf...
  4. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  5. Program Files Directory W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Files Directory W10: Hello The C Dr. on my one year old Dell laptop is too full to download new programs. The laptop is only used for my work as a musician but the programs I do use are quite large. I followed instructions from another thread in this forum to change the program files...
  6. Is this a bug with W10 Pro and pausing updates ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a bug with W10 Pro and pausing updates ?: I have noticed this behaviour a few times over the last few months... I run my system with updates paused which gives 35 days from the last update check until you either manually do an update check, or W10 does it for you. Fair enough I suppose. What happens though, is that...
  7. Multiple problems with W10 install after BIOS update

Multiple problems with W10 install after BIOS update: Hi, I was doing a fresh install for a friend because her laptop would crash if the screen was closed and noticed she was running v1.0 bios on her Toshiba C50-b-14d laptop. I downloaded the newest version 5.1 from the official site and upgraded the bios. When I installed W10...
  8. Multiple Document Windows appears W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Document Windows appears W10: This is happening on my SurfacePro 3. They contain the same information, and I cannot delete the duplicate folders. Anyone have a clue? These appears to be associated with my OneDrive account. [img] 12420
  9. Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories: can someone show me a sample xcopy command to copy C:\Directory1 and C:\Directory2 to a destination directory H:\DestinationDirectory? 88324
  10. W10 Anniversary Update - delete windows.old directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Anniversary Update - delete windows.old directory?: One me time! After installing the Anniversary Update I cannot delete the "windows.old" folder. I have gone through the routine of System Settings>Storage>This PC>Temporary Files and checked the Previous Version of Windows. That did the job and cleared out everything except a...