Windows 10: W10 Pro v1903 How to prevent mouse movement from booting my PC

Discus and support W10 Pro v1903 How to prevent mouse movement from booting my PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried most everything suggested in a similar thread of 2015. I barely touch my mouse and instantly my PC boots up. I'm capable of pressing the ON... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frustratedagain, Jan 16, 2020.

1. W10 Pro v1903 How to prevent mouse movement from booting my PC

I tried most everything suggested in a similar thread of 2015. I barely touch my mouse and instantly my PC boots up. I'm capable of pressing the ON button, I don't need help from the mouse. Any ideas on how to disengage this feature?

:)

frustratedagain, Jan 16, 2020

2. W10 and erratic mouse movement

After upgrading to W10 on an HP 6305 refurb, all appears ok with mouse, but, when I plug an external disk into another usb port, the mouse movement becomes erratic. If I unplug the mouse wireless adapter and plug it back in, it will work, but the mouse sensitivity
    appears affected. (Mouse no longer works on same surface but now needs mousepad???) All drivers appear to be there and installed correctly.

Any ideas? Acts like a new OS bug that will get magically fixed one day but wastes hours of time now.

bjenkinsnc, Jan 16, 2020
  3. SWorz Win User
    W10 and erratic mouse movement

SOLVED:

I had the same problem. My frustration was high so I uninstalled programs, did a selective startup via msconfig, etc. The final clue was a safe boot in which I still had erratic mouse movement and stalling.

Bottom line, I moved the antenna on my WiFi connected PC as far away as possible from my USB transmitter fob. I had 30" of cable and where it used to 12" away, it was now the max. It worked! Mouse and keyboard are working just fine.

Nevertheless, what a PITA!!!!! Reminds me of years ago when I couldn't get an install of Windows 3.2 to run. After an hour of frustration in front of a very messy desk, I realized the ESC key was depressed by some papers. Duh!

Hope this helps..............Steve

PS: similarly, if you have another WiFi device too close to you mouse, it will also cause interference.

SWorz, Jan 16, 2020
  4. W10 Pro v1903 How to prevent mouse movement from booting my PC

Mouse Movement

I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen..

StephenFletcher2, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

W10 Pro v1903 How to prevent mouse movement from booting my PC

1. W10 Pro v1903 How to prevent mouse movement from booting my PC - Similar Threads - W10 Pro v1903

2. Prevent Program Window movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Program Window movement: I have been trying to find a way to size and move several programs on the screen and then "Lock" their positions so that the end user cannot alter the positions or size through mouse movements or keystrokes. For the project I am working on, I will have four programs...
  3. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  4. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  5. Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting: So i decided to disable fast startup on Windows 10 to save energy, but since i did, i started having problems when booting. when i try to turn on my computer it enters like an iddle state, all the fans and rgb lighting turns on, but it doesn't post or shows any sing of...
  6. How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties: Win 10 system, I'm trying to prevent the mouse from waking the PC from sleep since bumping into my desk is sufficient to move the mouse and thus wake up the PC, which is very annoying. Mouse is a Logitech wireless mouse that uses a Logitech unifying receiver. I used this...
  7. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?: I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the...
  8. W10 v1903

W10 v1903: I have updated 3 PCs to W10 version 1903. Now in personalisation there are problems with changed or setting colours. Furthermore it is now not possible to change background or text colours in command prompt. Can you help please? DaveJ...
  9. w10 v1903 regressions

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 v1903 regressions: Hello. I am running w10 v1903 [18362.116] and I have noticed that monitor calibration profile get disabled after exitting any fullscreen program (games for instance). I think Microsoft is addressing this issue in an incoming patch (currently tested by insiders). I have also...
  10. Mouse Movement

Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....