Windows 10: W10 Pro vs W219K configured as desktop Performance difference

Discus and support W10 Pro vs W219K configured as desktop Performance difference in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi folks I'm running 2 VM's - one a W10 pro X-64 and the other a W2K9K server which I've "jigged" to behave like a desktop -- performance difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimbo45, Feb 17, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

W10 Pro vs W219K configured as desktop Performance difference

Hi folks

I'm running 2 VM's - one a W10 pro X-64 and the other a W2K9K server which I've "jigged" to behave like a desktop -- performance difference between the 2 is quite staggering - gave both systems same mem. cpu etc etc . Both VM's on fast SSD.

W10 runs like an old Donkey compared with W2K19 server -- OK I know a lot can't get their greasy mits on that type of server (you might be able to get a trial version) but why the difference between the two. Same installed apps on both.

Even when both VM's are quiesced the CPU use of W10 is going all over the place - this is after both systems booted up and left for a while so any start up things should have loaded and done their business.

W10 Pro vs W219K configured as desktop Performance difference [​IMG]

Any Windows (or Windows server) gurus out there have any idea -- what can I kill from Windows 10 start up so it seems as lean and mean as the server.

BTW on the server I've installed all the "Desktop experience" such as video / multimedia / sound so it's as near to a standard W10 pro desktop as possible.

W10 Pro vs W219K configured as desktop Performance difference [​IMG]

Host machine has plenty of resources - 64GB RAM, dual processor (i.e 2 physical CPU's), 2 X ethernet fast 10GB LAN ports, 2 GPU ports plus one old fashioned VGA (terminal) type port, SSD's etc. Lack of resources on Host - not an issue

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 17, 2021
  2. ugn10 Win User

Performance concern

Hi,

My desktop basic configuration is ...

• Processor: AMD FX-8320,
    • RAM: DDR3 16GB (HX318C10F/8 x 2),
    • HD: WD Black 1TB,
    • Motherboard: Asus M5A97,
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5450 &
    • SMPS: Cooler Master GX 650W

In stead of good configuration, most of time I don't feel better performance. I don't play any game. I do just common work and run virtualization (VMware Workstation 12 Pro).

What applications, I should use for checking benchmark performance?
    Please suggest me some tips & tricks for enhanced performance.

Regards
    Sanjay

ugn10, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. W10 Pro vs W219K configured as desktop Performance difference - Similar Threads - W10 Pro W219K

2. TPU vs GPU vs CPU Performance and Differences discussed

in Windows 10 News
    TPU vs GPU vs CPU Performance and Differences discussed: [IMG]As technology advances, the hardware used in a computer system is also upgraded in order to meet the demands of the public. Earlier, there was a CPU (Central Processing Unit) in the computer systems. Later on, the introduction of GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) has taken...
  3. Servers with same configuration perform differently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Servers with same configuration perform differently: We have 2 VMs- SERVER A and SERVER B, both has 64 GB of RAM, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690. SERVER A has 16 CPUs and SERVER B has 24 CPUs. We are facing performance issue with the SERVER B. Example 1: A process that runs for about 6 hours in SERVER A, takes about 9 hours to run in...
  4. Servers with same configuration perform differently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Servers with same configuration perform differently: We have 2 VMs- SERVER A and SERVER B, both has 64 GB of RAM, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2690. SERVER A has 16 CPUs and SERVER B has 24 CPUs. We are facing performance issue with the SERVER B. Example 1: A process that runs for about 6 hours in SERVER A, takes about 9 hours to run in...
  5. W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K19 Server VM vs W10 Pro VM: Hi folks : Seems crazy that on KVM/QEMU on a 64 GB RAM HOST - W2K19 server only needs as default 2 vCPU's (out of 16 available on my machine) and 2GB RAM whilst the recommended config for W10 PRO is 4 vCPU's and 4GB RAM. As I've mentioned elsewhere the W2K19 SERVER really...
  6. W10 Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 Performance: Looking at my computer specs in "my computer", does anyone know how to make my computer faster without buying, upgrading, or purchasing anything. Be reminded that I did all the average tutorials that you would search up in Google. 172986
  7. W10 PRO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS IN HYPER V.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 PRO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS IN HYPER V.: Good morning, everyone! My machine is an all in one sony vaio Model Sony SVL24117FLB, Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3610QM, 3133 MHz with 16 gb ram ddr3 1600mhz. Support uefi - gpt disk partition. Install a Windows 10 pro by 64 bits for a virtual...
  8. UEFI vs Legacy,difference in performance?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI vs Legacy,difference in performance?: Hey guys. Just checked,and damn,I installed W10 in Legacy mode on my desktop. I saw a tutorial how to convert MBR to GPT but do I gain any of the performance with it,do I need it? My MoBo has UEFI Bios. I don't have any partitons and I don't need them since I'm only one 1 SSD...
  9. Computer configuration VS user configuration

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer configuration VS user configuration: I am trying to improve my IT skills and need professional explanation about the difference between Computer configuration and user configuration? [img] 132031
  10. Mobile vs. desktop apps: Performance, not parity

in Windows 10 News
    Mobile vs. desktop apps: Performance, not parity: Something is happening more often in the mobile space and it's not helping loyal app users. It seems there's a race among many developers to cram as many features into their mobile apps as possible. This is especially true for mobile apps that have desktop versions. This...