Windows 10: W10 Problem - right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer

Discus and support W10 Problem - right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer (about five minutes)- everything else works perfectly. I've tried all the online info I can find,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gBiT1999, May 29, 2024.

1. W10 Problem - right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer

Right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer (about five minutes)- everything else works perfectly. I've tried all the online info I can find, checked gpedit etc.

Has anyone resloved this problem?

Tia

submitted by /u/gBiT1999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gBiT1999, May 29, 2024

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 29, 2024
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Explorer hangs for a second when right clicking empty space

Are you talking windows explorer or internet explorer?

First thought, some sort of timeout problem. Explorer is trying to connect to something that isn't there or not responding.

Edit: I just saw this... so windows explorer:

I've seen similar behavior in Excel when a network printer (that was the default) wasn't available, Excel would hang for a second on just about every click. Solution was to change the default printer to PDF or something local. I'm only saying that because something analogous could be happening in your case.

Edit2:

Read this: http://www.winhelponline.com/xp/slowrightclick.htm

Sasqui, May 29, 2024
  4. SarahKong Win User

W10 Problem - right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer

File explorer hangs

Sorry I got nothing more to suggest then.

File explorer hanging is an image issue. So if you can't do a repair upgrade or reset your PC then you can contact microsoft support directly to see if they have further steps but I am sure they are going to tell the same thing i did.

SarahKong, May 29, 2024
Thema:

W10 Problem - right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer

1. W10 Problem - right mouse in File Explorer hangs the file explorer - Similar Threads - W10 Problem right

2. File Explore hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explore hangs: Hi, since today, my File Explorer hangs whenever I select Download folder. The other folders are fine. My Windows 11 update is latest. I need to end the task in Task Manager. How might I resolve this probem?...
  3. File Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Hangs: ***Please Read to the End*** There are a lot of fixes I have already tried. I am looking for New Ideas***I have a problem with file explorer hanging. Basically, it won't access any of my files. It will look like it's loading and then not actually load up any of the files....
  4. File Explorer Hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Hangs: ***Please Read to the End*** There are a lot of fixes I have already tried. I am looking for New Ideas***I have a problem with file explorer hanging. Basically, it won't access any of my files. It will look like it's loading and then not actually load up any of the files....
  5. W10 File Explorer Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 File Explorer Problems: I can no longer see files with network connected storage, NAS and media appliances. Using media center I can see the files and using a MAC they are there. This problem occurred after the April updates....
  6. Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer

Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/976417/high-cpu-usage-in-the-explorer-exe-process-when-you-open-a-folder-that This problem was allegedly fixed with Windows 10, but that's not the case on my machine. Explorer will hang mf.dll when trying to read metadata on a .wav...
  7. File Explorer HANGING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer HANGING: Everytime I try to OPEN a file in FILE EXPLORER, it just HANGS, NOT RESPONDING.... Doesn't matter what kind of file whether PPT, TXT, doesn't matter... I have to END the TASK and it closes out entire FILE EXPLORER window. ANY Ideas? Was it any WINDOWS update? DID not...
  8. File Explorer hanging

File Explorer hanging: Hi All, Have a customer that has new Win 10 machines (i7, 16GB, 512SSD) on 2 of the machines File Explorer is hanging frequently. Have does the usual stuff to set it to My Pc rather that Quick Access, cleared cahe etc but still does it. Quick fix is a script to kill...
  9. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  10. File explorer hangs

File explorer hangs: I'm a Windows Insider (build 18334) Since the latest 4 or 5 builds, file manager is behaving very badly. It takes up to ten or more minutes to build up the Quick Access list. Pictures folders often show white thumbs, green bar keeps rolling without success. Makes normal...