Windows 10: W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

Discus and support W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Alienware m17x r4 with a fresh install of W10. I'm having a very weird problem. I keep getting the alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70 playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 1Mythical1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

I have an Alienware m17x r4 with a fresh install of W10. I'm having a very weird problem. I keep getting the alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70 playing randomly, even though RealTemp is not installed. The original file name is RTWarning.wav, but that file doesn't exist in my hard drives or registry. I'm not even sure how this is possible, but this is what happened:

When I got the machine I ran W7 with RealTemp 3.70 set to start with windows. Since RT doesn't have that feature built in, I set it up through Windows startup manager. The temp alarm was set somewhere around 90C or 100C, but I noticed it kept alerting even though the temps were nowhere near the trigger temperature. So I uninstalled RealTemp and removed it from my startup list. However, the alarm did not stop. Sometimes it was relentless, sounding a few times per minute, and sometimes it didn't sound for days. But it always returned and it was always random. I can't associate it with any particular program because it happens so randomly, regardless of what programs I have running. This went on for months.

I then did a clean install of W10 on a different physical HD than W7 and had them dual booted. Not long after I began using W10, the alarm started sounding just like it had in W7. RealTemp had never been installed on W10.

So yesterday I decided to wipe both partitions that held an o/s. I used Parted Magic booted from memory to write zeros to both the W7 and W10 partitions.

Then I installed W10 to the partition it had previously been on. I did not install W7 nor RealTemp, but the alarm is still sounding, just like it always has.

I tried a program called Process Monitor back on W7, but there were multiple millions of entries on the list and I wasn't sure how to narrow down my results to show only things that play a sound. I don't know what file name or format this sound is using, but it's not RTWarning.wav. I have also located and played every .wav file on my computer, and none of them are the sound in question.

Any help locating and stopping this alarm would be very much appreciated.

The sound is linked below.

Thanks.

[youtube]98nCu2is5p4[/youtube]

:)

1Mythical1, Feb 7, 2019
  2. ensecozz Win User

Alarm not sounding

Having the issue too!!!

HTC Mozart T8698 (OS: 7.0.7392.0)

• [unplugged] - let's wp7 alarm for 3-4 times. then the sound is gone, only the vibration is left working. I need to soft reset to fix the problem.
    • [plugged] - seem to have no problem. the Alarm sound is increasing to maximum as it goes
    • I also noticed the sound is lacking sometime. Some part of the alarm sound is missing during the alarming. It is like the alarming eating up the resource upto 100% and cannot play the alarm sound smoothly. - -" What is wrong with the alarming???
    To Microsoft,

This is just a basic function of Mobile Phone. Please fix it immediately. Don't make customer to wait until Mango update to fix it. Very bad experience for users.

ensecozz, Feb 7, 2019
  3. trogdora Win User
    lumia 820 randomly plays alarm clock sound

So i have this amazing little bug that is killing me :

Every once in a while (up to 5 times a day mostly moments after i fall asleep) phone randomly starts playing my annoying alarm sound but nothing happens on the screen, so if my phone is locked screen stays black and just blasts the damn music and the only
    way to turn it off is to crank the volume all the way down and then back again.

Please for the sake of my sleep and random shocks i get from hearing the sound halp!

trogdora, Feb 7, 2019
  4. W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

1. W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70. - Similar Threads - W10 randomly playing

2. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  3. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  4. Win10 Calendar: Is there a way to keep the alarm sound playing.....

Win10 Calendar: Is there a way to keep the alarm sound playing.....: ... until I dismiss the notification? There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. It plays only once, so if you happen to be out of the room, or distracted or on the phone and you miss it, you miss the reminder unlessl you happen to look at your screen and see the...
  5. Alarm Sounds

Alarm Sounds: I would like to change one of the alarm sounds in the Alarms and Clock app to a personal .flac sound file. How do I perform this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-sounds/e8132de6-fc41-4d63-a38a-7034ebb3b59d
  6. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: Hello everyone, it 's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music player, etc.,...
  7. Windows Randomly Playing Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Playing Sound: This is the sound I finally tracked down a sound that has been randomly playing on my computer back to Systems Sounds. Despite this I cannot figure out what within windows is causing it, if someone can identify it that would be great. submitted by /u/a_potato_is_missing...
  8. W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.: I have an Alienware m17x r4 with a fresh install of W10. I'm having a very weird problem. I keep getting the alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70 playing randomly, even though RealTemp is not installed. The original file name is RTWarning.wav, but that file doesn't exist in my hard...
  9. Alarm App sounds?

Alarm App sounds?: 1) How do I sample alarm sounds in Alarm App? (Win 10) 2) Various Searches via Settings prompted .... Nada!?! 3) Search via Contana prompted "Huh? Whaaa? How about Spotify? What should I use to Open this?" ARRRGH!! 4) Silly question, I know: Any way to provide my own...
  10. Random alarm sounds after Updates installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Random alarm sounds after Updates installed: When I shut down last night there were Updates installing. Ever since today I have been getting random alarms sounds for no particular reason. At first it was every few seconds and now its every few minutes. I checked in Control Panel>Sound and the exact tone playing is...