Windows 10: W10 recovery ISO flashdrive creation using tool...fail.

Discus and support W10 recovery ISO flashdrive creation using tool...fail. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello!...bought a Scandisk USB flashdrive(16G) just for having a recovery device as offered by the W10 iso download tool.Started by formatting it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KenKrueger1, Dec 23, 2018.

1. W10 recovery ISO flashdrive creation using tool...fail.

Hello!...bought a Scandisk USB flashdrive(16G) just for having a recovery device as offered by the W10 iso download tool.Started by formatting it to Fat-32...followed the tool's instructions and the download failed at the end of the process...the device was empty.So I formatted it to ntsf...ran the creation tool again with the same result.The excuse claimed it was possibly my system...which was provided with W10 upgrade from W8.1 using the exact tool earlier.Now I have an empty flash drive device to assist me if I need recovery...it is tested and fine...but the process to create a recovery on a flashdrive is not,and that is crucial when recovery gives that as your only option.Having just used the disk created earlier to reinstate my system after a bsod moment,I decided to make the repair device first...no antivirus installed yet...none but w10 on the drive...and it failed to create the recovery usb.I actually had to navigate error messages like,"your pc is in need of repair' loops and partition problems...but I succeeded to restore W10 to this unit...without a flash drive recovery...maybe it is just a flash in the pan. Thanks everyone and have a nice holiday season.,Ken : )

:)

KenKrueger1, Dec 23, 2018

2. Creating ISO file via Media creation tool fails

I've downloaded the media creation tool and chosen the option to create media for another PC. When it actually gets to the step of creating the media it is failing w/a "Something happened" error. I've tried it twice and it's aborted like this both times.
    Any help in creating (or direct links to the .iso file) is greatly appreciated.

ClintFinch, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Creating ISO file via Media creation tool fails

>>>>>>>Once you have created the ISO file on the USB device<<<<<<<<

But this is the process that fails. I don't know if there is another way to download the .iso file other than the media creation tool. There are now only links to .iso files if you have a product key. I don't know how Insiders get the OS.

You are correct in that some of the less expensive USB drives are failing and some SanDisk USB drives are not being recognized by the Media Creation Tool.

Mr. Finch says little. Don't know on what OS he is trying to use the MCT, don't know what router he is hooked up to or if he even attempted any of the suggestions. Did he try just plugging in to another USB port? Running mediacreationtool.exe in compatibility
    mode. Just right clicking and running it as administrator.

Say if Mr. Finch does get the .iso file, if he is using Windows 7, does he need a third party program to mount the .iso onto a USB as you suggest can be done?

I thought I was just dropping by this thread to leave the link that would suggest he can try logging in as an administrator to use the MCT.

Brenda

Brenda Woollard, Dec 23, 2018
  4. W10 recovery ISO flashdrive creation using tool...fail.

W10 Media Creation Tool

I already did...twice. It will not run once downloaded, not even to tell me I've got the wrong version or something. It continually tells me "Error - Restart your computer and try running again." Again, I have followed the listed instructions, disabled my
    firewall, and run as Admin. If there is a link to simply downloading the ISO to disc, sans-"Media Creation Tool," please provide.

Barb11111111111, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

W10 recovery ISO flashdrive creation using tool...fail.

1. W10 recovery ISO flashdrive creation using tool...fail. - Similar Threads - W10 recovery ISO

2. Media Creation Tool Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Failed: Lenovo intel optane 256 GB 238 GB SSDLenovo Thinkstation P330Can't install windowsI am thinking its a bad system board, already swapped out the ssd and ram.Windows media creation tool cant even get to the first menu, before it blue screensError codes this things spits...
  3. windows creation tool will not let me choose a flashdrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows creation tool will not let me choose a flashdrive: When I try to use the windows creation tool and go through all the steps it tells me that there is not 8 GB of space on my computer drive. It never let me select a flash drive to use as a boot drive. The flash drive is 32 GB and works fine....
  4. flashdrive ISO

flashdrive ISO: I get the message that the media creation tool cannot instal Win 10 April. At a help site I saw where someone had the same issue then it worked after 2 tries. I have tied twice. Any ideas. I have had trouble since the April installation as though my firewall is blocking apps...
  5. Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool

Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool: Hi there I downloaded the ISO using Ms's creation tool -- I selected create ISO. After the download it prompted me to burn to a DVD -- I didn't want that because I was going to use rufus to create a number of USB sticks so I exited the program. Now I can't find the...
  6. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  7. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  8. Build of Win10 version on flashdrive built by Media Creation Tool

Build of Win10 version on flashdrive built by Media Creation Tool: Have a couple of flashdrives for clean Win10 installs built with Media Creation Tool - one from shortly after release & one sometime after the Nov update. Is there a way to just look at contents (other than file dates) to see what Win 10 build will be installed? Related...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 iso file or recovery media creation