Windows 10: W10 says it cannot format my new Hard Disc WEOTC-1T, I don't have Office 360 software, not...

Discus and support W10 says it cannot format my new Hard Disc WEOTC-1T, I don't have Office 360 software, not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a 931GB Removable Hard Disc as my last Toshiba Lap Top gave up on me and I lost everything. I have a new HP Pavilion Lap Top but would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DodieDon, May 25, 2020.

1. DodieDon Win User

W10 says it cannot format my new Hard Disc WEOTC-1T, I don't have Office 360 software, not...

I bought a 931GB Removable Hard Disc as my last Toshiba Lap Top gave up on me and I lost everything.

I have a new HP Pavilion Lap Top but would like to download all onto a separate disc device, but W10 goes spinning for ever then says W10 cannot Format this device, so what can I do.

I ma not too technical so I need simple instructions, can anyone help me, Don

:)

DodieDon, May 25, 2020
  2. vnktrmn Win User

Wiped hard drive partitions keep coming back on Win10 Recovery disc

Thanks all for taking the time to review my case.

I guess my description was misleading.

I meant I am unable to wipe hard drive`s partitions. Not the virtual drive ones.

Step 1 - Boot error on normal startup saying a recent hardware or software change could be the cause

Step 2 - Repair disc. Attempts to do startup repair but fails saying it could not do so.

Step 3 - New OS installation. On partition delete, I attempted to delete existing partitions. Fails with message we couuldn`t format the drive.

Step 4 - Launched command prompt repair and attempted clean. Though t says clean is successful, contents are still undeleted.

Step 5 - Used partition manager within recovery cd, to format the hard drive of my tab. (32gb). Format says successful but the contents on hard drive came back.

Step 6 - tried to convert partitions to MBR. No luck. Same issue.

I am able to read my hard drive contents through to command prompt. So I am presuming no hard drive crash.

Also virtual ccd works fine. So no processor issue I guess.

I am damned for now unable to figure ouit what is the issue.

vnktrmn, May 25, 2020
  3. nj7_ Win User
    3250 Hard format

I think You can´t. That is the only working code on S60v3 devices. The old methods to do an hard format don´t work on last generation of devices.

4. sachoo Win User

W10 says it cannot format my new Hard Disc WEOTC-1T, I don't have Office 360 software, not...

external hard disc showing for format disc

while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format

sachoo, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 says it cannot format my new Hard Disc WEOTC-1T, I don't have Office 360 software, not... - Similar Threads - W10 says cannot

2. I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...: so frequently have numerous tabs open online while using Chrome. Now excuse my terminology as I lost that a long time ago. In any event, the issue is I try to open a new set of tabs that deal with a specific matter. So in my taskbar, I have an icon for Google Chrome. I would...
  3. I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...: so frequently have numerous tabs open online while using Chrome. Now excuse my terminology as I lost that a long time ago. In any event, the issue is I try to open a new set of tabs that deal with a specific matter. So in my taskbar, I have an icon for Google Chrome. I would...
  4. I have a LOT of memory which is 1T plus a hard drive of same size 1T and an external hard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  6. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  7. Office 360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 360: How to install microfoft 360 on additional devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-360/ee0d7995-e3e6-4d69-90a3-ee7ec6b5ff7b
  8. External hard drive says I don't have access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive says I don't have access: I have a brand new surface pro 7 and when I tried to open my removable hard drive it says I don't have access and I don't understand the instructions on how to gain access. Please help or let me know where to go for help. Thanks...
  9. If I install a new hard drive and I don't have a Windows ten disc, how can I reinstall...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I install a new hard drive and I don't have a Windows ten disc, how can I reinstall...: If I install a new hard drive and I don't have a Windows ten disc, how can I reinstall windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-install-a-new-hard-drive-and-i-dont-have-a/1fe08d8a-36c3-4e90-a427-607903e142a6"
  10. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"