Windows 10: W10 screen flickering

Discus and support W10 screen flickering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a really annoying bug. Fresh Windows 10 Install has screen flickering like crazy. As soon as i lock my screen it flashes then it's like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jean Reno, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Jean Reno Win User

W10 screen flickering

Hi,

I have a really annoying bug. Fresh Windows 10 Install has screen flickering like crazy. As soon as i lock my screen it flashes then it's like glitching, showing random pixels and screen keeps clicking...

The screen works perfectly when used with another PC.

Here is my SYSTEM info :

Host Name: DESKTOP-REDACTED

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OS Version: 10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

Registered Owner: REDACTED

Registered Organization:

Product ID: REDACTED

Original Install Date: 2021-01-15, 5:47:30 PM

System Boot Time: 2021-01-17, 2:21:26 PM

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Z230 SFF Workstation

System Type: x64-based PC

Processors: 1 Processors Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3601 Mhz

BIOS Version: Hewlett-Packard L51 v01.52, 2015-07-20

Windows Directory: C:\Windows

System Directory: C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

System Locale: en-us;English United States

Input Locale: en-ca;English Canada

Time Zone: UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada

Total Physical Memory: 16,071 MB

Available Physical Memory: 13,224 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 19,015 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 16,056 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use: 2,959 MB

Page File Locations: C:\pagefile.sys

Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Server: \\DESKTOP-REDACTED

Hotfixs: 7 Hotfixs Installed.

[01]: KB4586876

[02]: KB4562830

[03]: KB4570334

[04]: KB4580325

[05]: KB4586864

[06]: KB4598481

[07]: KB4598242

What I tried :

-reinstall display drivers

-disabling display drivers lose my second monitor

-changing refresh rate

-deleting antivirus software

-repair with windows media creation tools

I'm very annoyed and really can't work like that. Sometimes the screen goes black for no reason. Sometimes it just clicks and it's like the image gets split in some parts.

I tried some online screen tester and I see that the screen is perfectly fine, as I said I also tried with another PC and its working fine.

Thanks for the help

:)

Jean Reno, Jan 17, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 17, 2021
  4. W10 screen flickering

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

W10 screen flickering

1. W10 screen flickering - Similar Threads - W10 screen flickering

2. Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  3. Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  4. W10 - Screen flicker when first displaying images / video

W10 - Screen flicker when first displaying images / video: Good morning,I'm looking for some support as when I startup my device, after letting windows load, and go onto something such as facebook or youtube or if I launch a game first my whole screen and sometimes screens flicker black for 3-7 seconds before coming back on, this is...
  5. how to fix screen flickering in laptop under w10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to fix screen flickering in laptop under w10: My laptop suffers from heavily screen fickering since undating to win 10 , although trying to fix the error in several method, but it is not done. so the whole win 10 to be uninstall deleting all personal files and apps. The result is :Screen flickering still flasing up and...
  6. W10 Hardware Acceleration flickering with RTX3080

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Hardware Acceleration flickering with RTX3080: Hello, I have a strange problem with all my applications that use Hardware Acceleration. Everytime I resize a window or using Alt+tab, the window content of Chrome for example starts flickering. The problem disappears if I disable Hardware Acceleration I'm running a new...
  7. Screen Flickering.

Screen Flickering.: Hi there, A couple of days ago the screen of my laptop started flickering. I know this is not a hardware issue because when I try to move the screen the issue is still there and if the laptop is on for a while then it gets fixed but as soon as the screen goes to sleep the...
  8. Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flicker: I just had the same problem with a Nvidia 2080ti OC and Intel i9-9900k CPU and all new updates from Windows and Nvidia. I corrected the problem using VSync: turned on. I am flying P3D V4.5 and all the Graphics setting in P3D set to max and flying at Innsbruck Austria. My...
  9. Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10

Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10: I've two W10 machines both running onboard MOBO amd/Radeon graphics; these medium/low performance graphics engines suite my needs perfectly. Newer machine is an R7 with "display" driver 22.19.677.257 dated 9/2017 signed AMD. Older machine (newer installation) is an HD...
  10. screen flickering

screen flickering: I just bought a new ASUS notebook and installed Windows 10, but keep experiencing flickering screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-flickering/3e50c742-17a8-4ec5-b1c6-dfebe6026b1c