Windows 10: W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

Discus and support W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephanieCorley, Jan 12, 2019.

1. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?

:)

StephanieCorley, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 black screen when HDMI dongle is plugged in after using two screens

I setup Win 10 for 2 screens to use a projector with an HDMI dongle to VGA. When I unplug and replug the HDMI in without another monitor turn on my laptop screen goes black. I have to plug the HDMI while it is connected to a second monitor that is turned
    on then leave the HDMI plugged in, so I can plug into the projection system to get the projector to sense my laptop. I have to travel between locations with the HDMI plugged into my laptop so I can see my laptop screen for the projector setup.

JosephPhillippe, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Greenturtle116, Jan 12, 2019
  4. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

Screen goes black a few seconds after startup with a second monitor connected

I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my computer. I have one monitor connected via the VGA plug and am trying to use an HDMI cord for the second monitor. Everything starts up normal until it comes to the login screen, then my first monitor goes black.
    Unplugging the HDMI cable does nothing. To regain a picture I have to completely turn the computer off and unplug the HDMI cable, then turn the computer back on.

JoshuaRoberts1991, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

1. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in - Similar Threads - W10 Screen goes

2. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  3. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  4. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor: Hello to whoever's reading thisI have a second screen that I use for both my desktop and my gaming console via an HDMI switch, but whenever I switch between the gaming console both from and to the desktop the main screen I use that is connected through DisplayPort turns black...
  5. Main monitor goes black when plugging in 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.: So I normally have two monitors, an HDMI as my main display and a VGA for my secondary display. I have an Intel i5 6500 CPU 3.2 gHz, 8 gb ram. Today when I came home from dinner my pc would not show a display when I moved the mouse or pressed the keyboard. I either left...
  7. screen goes black when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  8. screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen goes black for a second when i plug it in: whenever i put the power plug into my laptop the screen goes black for a second. same for if i unplug it. its a brand new ASUS gaming laptop ive had for maybe a month. is this something i should be worried about? submitted by /u/Bougal_Dougal [link] [comments]...
  9. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable: The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in...
  10. monitor is blinking and screen goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor is blinking and screen goes black: I got a weird issue a few days ago. I booted my computer, and my monitor was black. Everything was connected. I took the graphics card out and connected it again. The monitor then blinks, you can see the desktop for about one second, then the screen goes black, then it shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 when i plug in hdmi vga turns off

2. SCREEN GOES TO SLEEP WHEN HDMI CABLE PLUGGED IN

3. Laptop Screen goes black when HDMI is connected to second monitor

4. everytime i plug in hdmi m to vga f dongle screen goes black,
  5. windows 10 plugged into hdmi,
  6. windows 10 screen black when hdmi,
  7. monitor goes black screen when i plug in hdmi,
  8. windows 10 screen goes black when hdmi plugged in