Windows 10: W10 screen snap like W8

Discus and support W10 screen snap like W8 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I've just upgraded my laptop to W10 from W8. What I used to do on W8 is say watch the FilmOn app on the right hand side of the screen and use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sbetty, Aug 30, 2015.

1. sbetty Win User

W10 screen snap like W8

Hi

I've just upgraded my laptop to W10 from W8. What I used to do on W8 is say watch the FilmOn app on the right hand side of the screen and use the left hand side to do everything else - outlook, chrome, word, excel...any desktop software. I'd flick between them and the FilmOn app would stay put. I can't work out how to do this in W10. I can snap one app to the right and another to the left, eg TV to the right, Chrome to the left, but if I then go into word, that fills the screen and goes over the TV app.

Any ideas please? Many thanks.

:)

sbetty, Aug 30, 2015

2. WINDOWS 10 ON ASUS TAICHI 21

A year or so, after re-installing the original W8 VGA driver to fix the mirror screen issue, which fixed the problem for over a year without problems, the last annual W10 update apparently included an automatic mechanism that replaces the old driver with
    the current one. This re-install happens daily. So if I need to use the mirror screen feature I install the W8 version knowing it will be replaced with the W10 version the next day. I called ASUS May 2 and they actually said they were working on making the
    Taichi work correctly on W10. Hope they are. In 2015 they said they would not be supporting Taichi on W10. I also talked with MS and Intel. All three said the only solution right now was to roll-back to W8. I value the profession presentation capability that
    the Taichi mirror screen provides. I also like W10. It's a real shame that ASUS did not marry the mirror feature and W10 thus far.

DonMeisinger, Aug 30, 2015
  3. baggadap Win User
    Activation Error Code: 0xc004e016; Fresh Install Windows10 with (Win8 Product Key)

You cannot activate W10 with your W8 key. Restore W8, activate, upgrade to W10. Then you can clean install if you want. Do not enter any keys when installing W10. If it asks, press Skip.

baggadap, Aug 30, 2015
  4. sbetty Win User

W10 screen snap like W8

I've worked it out. I snap my TV app to the right then resize it to 25%, then Snap Chrome to the left and resize it. Then when I go into something else such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc I snap them to the left and then I can flick between them and the TV app stays on top. Not as good as W8 but with a few more clicks I get there.

sbetty, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

W10 screen snap like W8

1. W10 screen snap like W8 - Similar Threads - W10 screen snap

2. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.: For the noobs out there, I have found an time saving way create Windows Install media that is faster than the official tool.You DON'T need to use the official MediaCreationTool which re-downloads Windows every time when you create an install USB drive.Also, you don't need the...
  3. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.: For the noobs out there, I have found an time saving way create Windows Install media that is faster than the official tool.You DON'T need to use the official MediaCreationTool which re-downloads Windows every time when you create an install USB drive.Also, you don't need the...
  4. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE: Hi there If you want to do an inplace upgrade of W8 to W10 in a VMware Virtual Machine UNINSTALL VMWARE TOOLS before you do the upgrade and then re-install them afterwards. Set the ISO image as your CD /DVD drive and simply run the setup from WITHIN the existing Virtual...
  6. How to copy all my w8 jumplists to w10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy all my w8 jumplists to w10?: I had been using w8 for 4 years and now I have switched to w10. I want to copy my jumplists of all software from w8 to w10. how can I do this? I have read that Jump list files are located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations and in...
  7. W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!!

W10 update from W7/W8/W8.1 still working !!!!: Hi folks. Not sure how long this will continue to work but the Free update from W7/W8/W8.1 is STILL working as of 16 Nov 2017. I entered an old Technet key for W8.1 pro on a clean install of W10 pro via the media creation tool. No probs -- activated with Digital...
  8. Clean install w10 from w8

Clean install w10 from w8: Hi guys, I'm stuck at a point where I cant go back nor proceed further, please assist me.. My scenario is i tried clean installation of w10 but as my partition is in GPT format it is not accepting, what I did as a mistake is I formatted the drive having w8, now my pc isnt...
  9. Can't reinstall W8 from W10 using CD

Can't reinstall W8 from W10 using CD: Hello, I'm trying to reinstall W8 using my CD but in the Windows Setup, clicking Upgrade gives me a Compatibility Report that tells me to remove the CD, restart my computer so Windows starts normally, then reinsert the CD to restart the upgrade. Clicking Custom and then...
  10. Does W10 have 'File History' that was introduced in W8 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does W10 have 'File History' that was introduced in W8 ?: I'm currently out of the loop with a working W10 install and so wonder if this feature is included in W10. Its something I've only just started using in 8.1 and find it a terrific archive feature, even though I do daily image backups. Does 10 have this ? 6684