Windows 10: W10 sees no mouse and keyboard

Discus and support W10 sees no mouse and keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Installed W10 from start on and face an often seen problem with mouse and keyboard not connected for Pin code entering. I have a KVM switch and on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosVa, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JosVa Win User

W10 sees no mouse and keyboard

Installed W10 from start on and face an often seen problem with mouse and keyboard not connected for Pin code entering. I have a KVM switch and on both multiboot PC's the problem is the same. I can use the KVM mouse and keyboard in BIOS, XP, W7, Linux, DVD and USB bootables but not anymore once the W10 login-screen shows up. Searched the internet many times and used many tips and tricks to solve it but nothing works.
    BUT
    When I unplug the KVM USB cable and replug it then W10 does recognize and keeps working with the KVM until the next boot. However very sometimes W10 recognizes the KVM from boot on but that is only after it sees the KVM in a running W10 session. I cannot find a way to teach W10 doing this. It does it by itself and stores somewhere the KVM information to boot from the next time. And even that not always.
    What always works is just connecting a second USB keyboard and mouse. A bit like unplug/replug the KVM. Then W10 installs it even in the login-screen and runs that one until shutdown and every reboot.
    What is wrong with the KVM USB setting as without W10 works?
    So do I need 2 keyboards/mice to run W10 being the best Microsoft ever programmed?
    I am running an Intel and Athlon PC from around 2003. Perhaps upgrading the CPU/motherboard to a later version does the job?

:)

JosVa, Jan 13, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 13, 2021
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 13, 2021
  4. W10 sees no mouse and keyboard

keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

W10 sees no mouse and keyboard

1. W10 sees no mouse and keyboard - Similar Threads - W10 sees mouse

2. W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse: I recently waded into the W10 pool and I am completely baffled about this subject. I set up a dual boot SSD with my W7 system of seven years which still hums and I can say everything is running very nicely.W10 starts up extremely fast from a power up - thanks to “Fast Start”...
  3. Bluetooth Is seeing my controller as a mouse and keyboard

Bluetooth Is seeing my controller as a mouse and keyboard: If I can change the input type it would be helpful even if it doesn't work, Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-seeing-my-controller-as-a-mouse-and/1a0968c9-1f7a-4461-a0d1-0c180ec802f5
  4. Mouse with W10 problems

Mouse with W10 problems: Since installing W10, I cannot resize a window mouse shows the corers & side options, but does nothing, can't grab & drop, and can't highlight text to move or delete. I'm using an M705 Logitech mouse which was working just fine b4 going to W10....
  5. mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse and keyboard: I reset hp computer 4 or 5 times can get to login screen bu have no cursor or keyboard functions thank you for any ideals oldguy1948 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard/69ca857f-8b91-4217-b732-c9abdc313c1f
  6. W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse

W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse: I recently waded into the W10 pool and I am completely baffled about this subject. I set up a dual boot SSD with my W7 system of seven years (which still hums) and I can say everything is running very nicely. W10 starts up extremely fast from a power up - thanks to “Fast...
  7. Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update: I seem to have lost contact with my keyboard and mouse after the latest update. I guess I might need to update my drivers but how can I do that when I can't type or click!? Cant even get passed locked screen. Have swapped out my devices so I think I have ruled out...
  8. Keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse: I am using HP laptop and its keyboard doesn't work properly. I have changed the keyboard twice but no change. Hence, I used external USB keyboard. However, that also working for sometime but misfunction afterwards. I am using Windows 10. Please guide me to restore the...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and Keyboard not Working on Lock Screen W10: This is related to a work computer. It is a brand new computer running Windows 10 version 1809. The problem: On the login/lock screen (the screen before typing your password) the keyboard and mouse don't work, except for hitting Control + Alt + Delete. Hitting Ctrl Alt...
  10. mouse and keyboard

mouse and keyboard: when I turn on my asus laptop which has windows 10 installed, it doesn't ask for password but directly turns on and take me to the desktop. But then leftclick of touchpad doesn't work, External USB mouse works just fine. but then i have to press ctrl+alt+del to sign out. Now...