Windows 10: W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

Discus and support W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it me or it's a reverse logic? Please check a screen capture and advice, mind you this is the case for a Desktop PC: [img] 124143 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Rickerz Win User

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

Is it me or it's a reverse logic? Please check a screen capture and advice, mind you this is the case for a Desktop PC:

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa? [​IMG]

:)

Rickerz, Dec 26, 2018

2. Changing Public to Private Networks and Vice versa

Here is another way to do it.

Open File Explorer

In the Navigation pane, right click 'Network'

Click Properties

Under 'Control Panel home' click Change advanced sharing settings

There you should be able to change your network profile from private to public or vice-versa.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Changing Public to Private Networks and Vice versa

To change from a public network to a private network for vice versa, start by connecting to your network. You can do this by opening the available Network icon in the Notification area. Select the network, then connect to it. After connecting, select it
    then click Properties.

Here you can change your Network profile to Public or Private. Choose the one that best suits your environment.

How to Change a Wired Network to Public or Private

If you want to change the network profile for a wired network, open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet then click your network adapter.

Then choose the profile you want.

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-network...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2018
  4. W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

Changing Public to Private Networks and Vice versa

Community

With Windows 10 version 1803 can we no longer change from private to public networks (and vice versa). In previous version this could be accomplice from the "Network and Sharing Center" dialog. But that option doesn't seem to exist any longer so all my
    connection (wifi) are Public now.

Jeff

JeffReichman, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

1. W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa? - Similar Threads - W10 Setting Network

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa: I'm sure it's a common problem, but I can't find the solution. One of my Windows 10 computers Number 1 can see another on my home network Number 2, but Number 2 cannot see Number 1."Private" network.Bitdefender but problem remains even if firewall is off.Network discovery in...
  4. w10 home.Network profile default Public?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    w10 home.Network profile default Public?: I noticed there's a private profile and a public one and I'm pretty sure public is the default since I changed nothing.Is there any difference between the 2 besides file sharing and discovering other pc's connected to the same router? I personally like not having my pc...
  5. public or private network settings

public or private network settings: windows 10, network created as private to enable sharing of network devices, but the public network takes over when rebooting, how to make the private settings stay primary? aslo the subnet pickups up the wifi factory address as 192.168.7.1 and locks to 255.255.255.0 no...
  6. Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa): Hi People, Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there! Searched the web like many others but couldn't find a solution, merely, a work-around or temporary solution. Things like autohide taskbar on/off. Place...
  7. Should Network profile be set on Public or Private?

Should Network profile be set on Public or Private?: I'm on my home computer, should I have my Network profile set on Public or Private? I do not want any my computer being detected by any network. The explantion of what the settings are, are confusing. Public says, "Your PC is hidden from other devices on the network and...
  8. changing network type on Windows 10 v 1803 from private to public and vice versa

changing network type on Windows 10 v 1803 from private to public and vice versa: how do you change the network type from private to public? from public to private? I have followed the instructions where you select the wifi icon > properties > network profile. when I get to network profile, nothing appears except for the "connect automatically when...
  9. W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?: Is it me or it's a reverse logic? Please check a screen capture and advice, mind you this is the case for a Desktop PC: [img] 124143
  10. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...