Windows 10: W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

Discus and support W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it me or it's a reverse logic? Please check a screen capture and advice, mind you this is the case for a Desktop PC: [img] 124143 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickerz, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Rickerz Win User

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

Is it me or it's a reverse logic? Please check a screen capture and advice, mind you this is the case for a Desktop PC:

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa? [​IMG]

:)

Rickerz, Dec 26, 2018

2. Changing Public to Private Networks and Vice versa

Here is another way to do it.

Open File Explorer

In the Navigation pane, right click 'Network'

Click Properties

Under 'Control Panel home' click Change advanced sharing settings

There you should be able to change your network profile from private to public or vice-versa.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Changing Public to Private Networks and Vice versa

To change from a public network to a private network for vice versa, start by connecting to your network. You can do this by opening the available Network icon in the Notification area. Select the network, then connect to it. After connecting, select it
    then click Properties.

Here you can change your Network profile to Public or Private. Choose the one that best suits your environment.

How to Change a Wired Network to Public or Private

If you want to change the network profile for a wired network, open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet then click your network adapter.

Then choose the profile you want.

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-network...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2018
  4. W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

Changing Public to Private Networks and Vice versa

Community

With Windows 10 version 1803 can we no longer change from private to public networks (and vice versa). In previous version this could be accomplice from the "Network and Sharing Center" dialog. But that option doesn't seem to exist any longer so all my
    connection (wifi) are Public now.

Jeff

JeffReichman, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

1. W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa? - Similar Threads - W10 Setting Network

2. W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10, Setting, Network Profile: Privacy is Public? and vice versa?: Is it me or it's a reverse logic? Please check a screen capture and advice, mind you this is the case for a Desktop PC: [img] 124143
  3. Network Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network Privacy: What Network sharing option should I choose for our home computer to prevent hackers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-privacy/a65b779c-16a7-40df-b517-8fc58546f360"
  4. Xbox App Privacy setting and network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Privacy setting and network: Hi, i have recently been trying to change my privacy settings for Join multiplayer games - when i click allow and press save i get a message saying An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. please help me also i dont know if this is related but my network...
  5. How to set the network profile for Public, Home, etc. in Windows 10??

How to set the network profile for Public, Home, etc. in Windows 10??: Cannot find any info in Windows "settings" on how to change the wifi network interface to private, home, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-set-the-network-profile-for-public-home-etc/1aeea541-7131-46f9-aa49-5c8e283390c5
  6. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...
  7. Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa: I would like to know if I can install and run Japanese applications on an English-based version of Windows 10. This was not possible on any version up to and including Windows 8. The best one would hope for was to change the default language of menus, etc. For example, in...
  8. Public network.

Public network.: From the beginning that i install windows 10 i had a homenetwork (network 1).Now it is switchd to a public network (network 2).How is that happen? How can i back to my home network (network 1) ? 44257
  9. How to change a USB Stick from Pro to Home and vice Versa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change a USB Stick from Pro to Home and vice Versa: Hi, there is one thing I do not unmderstand when creating a USB Stick using the Media Creation Tool: I can have both flavors, i.e. x64 and x86 on one Stick, but not Home and Pro, why? I thought this is simply a flag that can be set. My task: I have to update several PCs...
  10. Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub folders "sort by" affects main folder and vice versa: So this has been bugging me ever since Windows 10 rolled out in our country. If I recall correctly, in windows 7, folder sorting could be independent. If I sorted a sub folder for date modified and the main folder was originally sorted for name, the sorting of the sub folder...