Windows 10: W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool

Discus and support W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the Get Windows 10 App but I couldn't wait for it as I have limited internet access. I downloaded the 64-bit Media Creation Tool after selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jandslee, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jandslee Win User

W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool

I have the Get Windows 10 App but I couldn't wait for it as I have limited internet access. I downloaded the 64-bit Media Creation Tool after selecting the option to download for this computer and when I ran it the first time, it started downloading the Windows 10 setup file. I lost connection about 19% in, download started back up and I left it overnight. Didn't see how it finished but I couldn't find a new file on my computer for Windows 10 Setup. All I had was the MCTool file still. So I ran it again and got a pop up saying 'Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot and try running Windows 10 Setup again.' I restarted my comp and it didn't help. I've tried deleting the MCTool and re-downloading it. I get the same thing. I'm not sure how to get it to work again. Any suggestions?

:)

Jandslee, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Pralay700 Win User

Download tool windows 10 MediaCreationTool srartup error .

W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool [​IMG]

i tried to download ISO file from microsoft website directly via MediaCreationTool

i downloaded version x64 MediaCreationTool (18.7 MB file) and tried to run the downloader on my laptop

but it dint let me bcz of some $hit error i keep on getting whenever i try to start my download

then i try to download version x34 MediaCreationTool (17.34 MB file) and tried to run the downloaded

its showing the same error whenver i try to even start the downloader

i even tried to run downloaders as an admin but same **** happens

a msg pops up saying "setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running windows 10 setup again"

i dont understand what this $hit is

and sometimes it magically starts

P.S. : the MediaCreationTool downloader for windows 10 is cr@p .. it will stop completely if ur modem turns off or ur internet disconnects for any reason and then u will have to begin the download from the beginning . better try torrents

Pralay700, Jul 30, 2015
  3. windows 10 iso 64 bit english download link please

windows 10 iso 64 bit english download link please anyone post it here please I tried mediacreationtool but I get error when I start Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your Pc and try running windows 10 setup again

Ankit Kankariya, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Use the tool to create an ISO. Don't try to do a direct install from it.
    Then mount the ISO (right click on it and select Mount) then run setup.exe from the mounted ISO.

If you have Classic Shell or Start8 or any other Start button software uninstall it first.
    Disable your anti-virus if it's other than Windows Defender.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Jandslee Win User

Jandslee, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Jandslee Win User

Jandslee, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    You need to get the tool to download the files first, no option there.

You can try deleting all files from C:\Windows\Softwaredistribution\Download. Delete all files/folders, do not delete the Download folder.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Jandslee Win User

I deleted all but the Download folder as well as the Tool. I rebooted, re-downloaded the Tool and started over. Still the same fail.

Jandslee, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    What fail? Your initial post said setup wouldn't start. Running setup.exe from the mounted ISO is starting, so what is happening now, or did I miss something in one of your posts.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Jandslee Win User
    I'm sorry, I was unclear with the fail comment. It was the same error of Setup couldn't start. But I read something else which led me to believe I should try a different browser since I was using Firefox. I used Explorer and got it to download the ISO now and it is on my desktop. When I right-click on the ISO file there is no option to Mount it. Does it have to be burned to a DVD or is there a way to run it without that?

Jandslee, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Right click and Mount or just double click on the .iso image should work.

When you right click on the ISO, what options are you shown? Should be mostly like this:

W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool [​IMG]

The first, highlighted one is the default.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool - Similar Threads - W10 Setup can't

2. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  3. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  4. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  5. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  6. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.: For the noobs out there, I have found an time saving way create Windows Install media that is faster than the official tool.You DON'T need to use the official MediaCreationTool which re-downloads Windows every time when you create an install USB drive.Also, you don't need the...
  7. my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10: my laptop used to be in Chinese so I redownloaded windows 10 to change the language. everything was going smoothly but then when it asked me for setup details it would just keep going back to that page. I think it might be because I didn't put in a product key but now I can't...
  8. Can't reliably access my router setup screen after W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reliably access my router setup screen after W10: I have three computers wired to my D-Link DSL-504T modem/router. Since upgrading two of my PCs to Widows 10 Pro (activated, clean install) I can no longer get reliable access to my routers configuration screen (192.168.1.1) through these PCs, although my third computer...
  9. Where does the mediaCreationTool save the downloaded iso?

Where does the mediaCreationTool save the downloaded iso?: Hey guys, this is my first post here. And I pretty much made an account to stress this issue that I have right now. Ok, so I chose to upgrade my PC through the mediaCreationTool and waited for the download to finish. A few minutes later it was checking for updates. Then...
  10. MediaCreationTool

MediaCreationTool: Hi, I downloaded this client and it started to download the windows, after its finished i burn the ISO on the DVD and tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 then I got this error : use the other installation disc that says 64 bit...... i`m sure that i downloaded 64 bit version....