Windows 10: W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

Discus and support W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my NTB boots 10x longer after installation of Lightroom 6 program. During installation it also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 10.0.40219 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chemikk, May 11, 2020.

1. chemikk Win User

W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

Hi,

my NTB boots 10x longer after installation of Lightroom 6 program. During installation it also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 10.0.40219 and 2012 11.0.61030 x64 and x86 Redistributable.

There were already 2008, 2013 and 2015 versions installed.

The Boot log is OK except:

5x BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

5x BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

and

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CAD.sys

I cannot say, that these were loaded correctly before this installation, since there was no problem to investigate before.

I have exactly the same boot problem with another w10 machine with LR 6 installed, but cannot find the reason. Now it become clear, that it is connected to LR installation.

Is there a way how to fix that?

Do I need all those versions of Visual C++, if newer are already present?

Thanks for help.

:)

chemikk, May 11, 2020

2. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, May 11, 2020
  3. Runtime Error - Microsoft Visual C++ Library

Hi Thierry,

Based on the information you have provided above, it appears that the issue is specifically with the game itself or its components. For us to resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Clean boot.

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, an update, or when you run a program in Windows. Please see
    this link for the steps.

Step 2: You may also reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and check if it helps.

To uninstall the package:

• Open Programs and Features.
    • From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.
    • Right click on it and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Download and install the latest package and see if it helps.

Here's the link for the latest supported Visual C++ downloads

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, May 11, 2020
  4. W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

Visual C++ Redistributable won't install?

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2020
Thema:

W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

1. W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation - Similar Threads - W10 slow boot

2. Visual c++ not installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual c++ not installed?: Hello,I've been having problems like those in the thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-vcruntimeminiumx64msi-in-my-files/e580c6fd-b184-4493-8365-f6481458729eI've tried to do as it is said in the answer, I deleted previously installed...
  3. Visual c++ not installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual c++ not installed?: Hello,I've been having problems like those in the thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-vcruntimeminiumx64msi-in-my-files/e580c6fd-b184-4493-8365-f6481458729eI've tried to do as it is said in the answer, I deleted previously installed...
  4. Error installing visual C++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error installing visual C++: Hello I am receiving this error - " 0x80070643 " while installing latest Visual C++ software. I think previous one was corrupted. I am attaching the log file -> [2248:4E34][2022-03-02T13:43:26]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718, Windows v10.0 Build 19044: Service Pack 0, path:...
  5. Error installing visual C++

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error installing visual C++: Hello I am receiving this error - " 0x80070643 " while installing latest Visual C++ software. I think previous one was corrupted. I am attaching the log file -> [2248:4E34][2022-03-02T13:43:26]i001: Burn v3.10.4.4718, Windows v10.0 Build 19044: Service Pack 0, path:...
  6. visual c++ failure to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual c++ failure to install: I've been trying to install Visual C++ for many timesI have tried many ways but fail,relocating files is also useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-failure-to-install/9ed3c996-117a-474e-a4a3-3c410bffd2ec
  7. visual c++ failure to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual c++ failure to install: I've been trying to install Visual C++ for many timesI have tried many ways but fail,relocating files is also useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-failure-to-install/9ed3c996-117a-474e-a4a3-3c410bffd2ec
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual C++ will not install: Whenever I try to run a program requiring it I keep getting this error message:https://i.imgur.com/3pFWlbm.pngI've tried many times to uninstall and reinstall it to no avail....
  9. Visual C++ after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Visual C++ after reset: Hello everyone! I did a complete reset of my PC today and i do not have any more Visual C++ packages installed. I have read that i need them in order to run games and other applications and i have found the downloads of all the Versions from 2010 and onwards. However i cant...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598