Windows 10: W10 slow boot and icons load

Discus and support W10 slow boot and icons load in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I've upgraded my laptop from W8.1Pro to W10Pro. At first everything was fine, but now the boot is very slow with the icons taking ages to appear on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sbetty, Sep 21, 2015.

1. sbetty Win User

W10 slow boot and icons load

Hi. I've upgraded my laptop from W8.1Pro to W10Pro. At first everything was fine, but now the boot is very slow with the icons taking ages to appear on the desktop and the taskbar. Any ideas please? I've removed almost all the automatic start up items, defragged and reinstalled the graphics driver. Many thanks.

:)

sbetty, Sep 21, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

nvidia driver issues resulting in various blue screens of death

Hi!

Yes I was freezing and recovering. Then when booting got a W10 UEFI Bois boot error and kept restarting. Not exactly like yours but similar. But it affected the video drivers. Once I bypassed the UEFI Bios it booted. I also disabled fast boot in powers option
    and let it boot slow giving W10 time to load drivers. Then re-enabled fast boot.

She is running now.

Teddy2016, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Mukul52 Win User
    google chrome is blocked by microsoft

Google Crome Intermittently stops working. On pressing the CROME Icon it does not load. It starts working after couple of days!

Do you think it a problem at the time booting W10?

Mukul Desai

Pune, India.

Mukul52, Sep 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sbetty

Please do the following:

• Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

W10 slow boot and icons load [​IMG]

W10 slow boot and icons load [​IMG]

5. sbetty Win User
    Thanks. I've sorted it out by deleting all the desktop icons.

sbetty, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 slow boot and icons load - Similar Threads - W10 slow boot

2. Game load is slow after clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game load is slow after clean boot: My game LOADING is slow and not using alot of my ssd, like overwatch, before the clean install it uses alot of ssd to load very fast, but now its slow to load...
  3. W10 slow boot and poor performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 slow boot and poor performance: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time and dedication. Originally, my problem is stated in the title. I've been stuck with this for months. Recently I found this forum and tried to fix it for 264542th time (not kidding, just exaggerating) by following steps given...
  4. W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 slow boot after visual C++ installation: Hi, my NTB boots 10x longer after installation of Lightroom 6 program. During installation it also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 10.0.40219 and 2012 11.0.61030 x64 and x86 Redistributable. There were already 2008, 2013 and 2015 versions installed. The Boot log is...
  5. Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..

Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..: Hi I'll try and explain it as good as I can Recently Windows 7's support has ended, I still use Windows 7 and then just upgrade it to Windows 10 At first the PC has no problems at all but a few days later, well The boot time is so slow, when the desktop appears theres no...
  6. boot time loading slow.

boot time loading slow.: I am facing the following problems while using my Dell laptop for the past few weeks : 1 The boot time loading of the laptop has become very slow due to unknown causes. 2 The opening of files,folders, and softwares also takes a considerable amount of time during...
  7. slow loading desktop apps when boot

slow loading desktop apps when boot: At the time of boot . My laptop load Desktop apps slowly when I enable/install these services my laptop load desktop application slowly Other problems like enabling WSL(Windows service for Linux) Installing database like oracle 11g Enabling virtualization...
  8. w10 erratic random boot loading times

w10 erratic random boot loading times: Why is this? *Confused Booting from a pretty static (no new items added to startup), defragmented daily, OS partition on a mechanical SATA II hard disk it takes w10 some weird random bootup times. Sometimes it boots taking 35s and sometimes is taking 70s. Sometimes I get...
  9. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598