Windows 10: W10 slow boot and poor performance

Discus and support W10 slow boot and poor performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time and dedication. Originally, my problem is stated in the title. I've been stuck with this for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eoligan, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Eoligan Win User

W10 slow boot and poor performance

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time and dedication.

Originally, my problem is stated in the title.
    I've been stuck with this for months. Recently I found this forum and tried to fix it for 264542th time (not kidding, just exaggerating) by following steps given in here in other posts showed with the same problems. I tried many things that I already think I tried everything (but clean install). I don't know how to start so I prefer to start over if it is necessary.
    Few things I remember trying recently:
    - Cleaning temp files and other stuff, several times
    - Full scan for viruses/malware/adware etc., several times
    - Upgrading of every driver to the last version
    - Cleaning startup (to almost nothing left)
    - Changing paging file to every option possible
    - Turning on/off fast boot
    - Turning on/off use of sysmain service (since I have an HDD I'm surprised I didn't notice any difference without superfetch)
    - Repairing prefetch by following Zinou steps (I don't think the .etl file recorded from this is complete).

This was the last thing I did until I saw the Driver verifier tool that W10 has and following those steps in these forums I tried to turn on to see if I could detect anything. Since that, I only have BSOD after rebooting and can't boot at all with some violation on wdf01000.sys.

Right now, windows finally let me perform a system restore to a point from yesterday (the only one I have) which is taken too long. I'll wait, anyway, a few hours if it's needed.

I forgot to comment it, my first guess was that my HDD is not working properly anymore so i used Crystal disk info and crystal disk mark to check it and it's healthy. Also, when I reached this forum I tried Seagate tool today and passed the test.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of tweaks I tried in the past but none of them improve the performance or the boot a bit.

By the way, I'm running dual boot with Ubuntu in different partitions which I read this isn't supposed to affect W10.

For now, I'm just restoring the system while I'm writing this from mobile. I'll let you know when it finishes for having a W10 usable again.

Regards.

:)

Eoligan, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2020
  4. W10 slow boot and poor performance

Poor performance of my PC with upgraded windows 10

I removed McAfee as suggested and run now with defender only.

I got no improvements what so ever... same issues and slow speed as before.

I guess next step is to try to reinstall W10 sometime next week...

Thanks anyway

Rui MSantiago, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

W10 slow boot and poor performance

1. W10 slow boot and poor performance - Similar Threads - W10 slow boot

2. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  3. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  6. Poor Performance

7. poor performance, hangups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    poor performance, hangups: My Win 10 desktop is again performing so badly it is unusable. Windows explorer hangs up as well as web searches. A restart takes at least 10 minutes....."please wait"Peter Bresler...
  8. Upgraded Win7 to Win10 - now very slow boot-up and poor performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgraded Win7 to Win10 - now very slow boot-up and poor performance: I have just done the in-place upgrade from Win7 Home to Win10 Home (version 21H1) using the Media Creation Tool and Brink's excellent tutorial, on my Samsung RF511 laptop. I was nervous not only because I didn't want to lose data or apps, but also because this laptop dual...
  9. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....