Windows 10: W10 Sound

Discus and support W10 Sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start up W10 I have no sound. This occurs daily. When I restart the sound works. What causes this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimO'Donoghue1, Aug 26, 2020.

1. W10 Sound

When I start up W10 I have no sound. This occurs daily. When I restart the sound works. What causes this problem?

:)

TimO'Donoghue1, Aug 26, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue W10 Sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 26, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 26, 2020
  4. W10 Sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

W10 Sound

1. W10 Sound - Similar Threads - W10 Sound

2. My Sony TV is unable to be set as the default in SOUND DEVICES on my W10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Sony TV is unable to be set as the default in SOUND DEVICES on my W10 Dell Laptop: Via SETTINGS>SYSTEMS>DISPLAY and SOUND, I select SOUND CONTROL; PANEL to see under PLAYBACK a list of my connected devices.My issue? I'm unable to set my TV as the default playback device.I've connected my Dell XPS L701X i5 M460 2.53GHz 8GB RAM 250GB SSD GT 435M GPU Windows...
  3. My Sony TV is unable to be set as the default in SOUND DEVICES on my W10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Sony TV is unable to be set as the default in SOUND DEVICES on my W10 Dell Laptop: Via SETTINGS>SYSTEMS>DISPLAY and SOUND, I select SOUND CONTROL; PANEL to see under PLAYBACK a list of my connected devices.My issue? I'm unable to set my TV as the default playback device.I've connected my Dell XPS L701X i5 M460 2.53GHz 8GB RAM 250GB SSD GT 435M GPU Windows...
  4. My Sony TV is unable to be set as the default in SOUND DEVICES on my W10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a way to have W10's sounds' program events use *.MP3 files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to have W10's sounds' program events use *.MP3 files?: Beside old *.WAV files?Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-have-w10s-sounds-program-events/76ace603-4fb2-4db6-8d7a-cf1c51fb9eba
  6. Is there a way to have W10's sounds' program events use *.MP3 files?

Is there a way to have W10's sounds' program events use *.MP3 files?: Beside old *.WAV files?Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-have-w10s-sounds-program-events/76ace603-4fb2-4db6-8d7a-cf1c51fb9eba
  7. Is there a way to have W10's sounds' program events use *.MP3 files?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10: Situation, I use to connect my logitech 5.1 surround speakers via the 3 stereo ports on the back of my PC Green FL & FR - Orange Center & Woofer - Black Rear Surround SL & SR. W10 recognised these correctly and they worked fine.But then I got a Smart TV as a monitor with it's...
  9. Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10

Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10: Situation, I use to connect my logitech 5.1 surround speakers via the 3 stereo ports on the back of my PC Green FL & FR - Orange Center & Woofer - Black Rear Surround SL & SR. W10 recognised these correctly and they worked fine.But then I got a Smart TV as a monitor with it's...
  10. Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware