Windows 10: W10 startup activity appears excessive.

Discus and support W10 startup activity appears excessive. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Confused I notice that upon startup of the OS, that compared to W7 and previous Os (exception being Vista) that monitoring it via task manager, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mothie, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Mothie Win User

W10 startup activity appears excessive.

*Confused I notice that upon startup of the OS, that compared to W7 and previous Os (exception being Vista) that monitoring it via task manager, it appears to have a considerable amount of draining resources going on resulting in a number of minutes before it settles down.
    I have used Windows 10 wizard previously to cut down on the number of "Billie d'os" it sends back to Microsoft, nevertheless, it still takes several minutes to settle down.

Your thoughts on this, please.

:)

Mothie, Nov 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 error 0x803F7001

I have a Win7 Pro SP1 system and have the Upgrade to W10 icon. However for whatever reason clicking the icon doesn't work so reading the forum I have downloaded and created a W10 iso DVD.

Have created empty partition and rebooted with the DVD in and sure enough W10 installation took place into that partition. All went fine as far as I can tell and I now have a dual boot system.

I can go in W10 to look around, etc but it says that it is not Activated with the above error code. W7 is Activated which seems to be one of the poss. causes of the error.

So now I am unsure what to do to get W10 activated.

Silly question but since I appear to be able to look around W10 why does it need to be Activated???

PaulBeacock, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Activation W10

I have W10 Pro installed ver.1607, OS build 14393.1358 and a product ID 00331-xxxxx-xxxxx-AA350. Originally as an upgrade from W7

I am getting a message to Activate Windows - go to settings. In Activation states "cannot activate .. because cannot connect to activation server Error code 0xC004F074. Connection to internet is normal. Clicked learned more and then tried Troubleshoot. =
    ""found W10 home digital licence for this device running W10 Pro. To activativate using digital key you need to install W10 home. "

Tried Learn more but do not know what to do next.

Help please

I thought I had fully functional ver. of Pro and until activation message appeared recently. Everything appears to be as normal except the message. Now I do not know what I have got. Can I get back to Pro, particularly without a massive reinstallation process?

Terence Green, Nov 6, 2016
  4. W10 startup activity appears excessive.

You can go into task manager, click on the tab that says startup, and it should show you what apps are impacting your startup. you can turn off stuff that you don't need or want.

WhatsItToYa, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Mothie Win User
    True you can,however, the annoying garbage appears to be Microsoft progs.
    Thanks for the reply.

Mothie, Nov 7, 2016
  6. AnEdge Win User
    Noticed the same here after the last couple of updates.

AnEdge, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 startup activity appears excessive.

1. W10 startup activity appears excessive. - Similar Threads - W10 startup activity

2. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  3. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: So I found a product key in the web to used and it's working.. I just want to ask if this legal or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/3082f857-331a-4788-8495-031e8d387310
  4. Windows 10: Excessive security activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: Excessive security activity: I have a Dell Desktop running windows 10. In the last month I have started to get regularly very long periods of intense internally-generated activity on my computer. The hard drive is constantly active for hours, extremely loudly. This happens regularly - several times a...
  5. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation: Hello, I'm having trouble activating my windows 10 home. It was all good until I made a huge hardware update recently and now only my old hard drive remains. Windows on that hard drive detected the hardware change and then decided to deactivate my windows. The problem is I...
  6. W10 Activation

W10 Activation: I changed for free via MS site back several month ago from W7 to W10. All went well and I was very happy , my desktop worked as a treat. Around 2 weeks ago after boot up I started to get a message that I need to activate W10 using a product key. My PC is at my home and is not...
  7. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 activation: My w10 system suddenly asks for activation after 2 years of normal operation. No hardware changes. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/7e19f933-a1c3-438f-9fcb-606b563292f5
  8. W10 Startup list

W10 Startup list: Is there a list somewhere that I can access to check what startup programs I can stop from starting? Running W10 and this is on a business computer that is slow to boot. 104392
  9. activating w10

activating w10: I have an older drive with windows 8.1 on it, I have copied the key from the OS. This drive was never updated to w10 but is a fully legal activated version of w8.1 I have just put together a new system and figured I could do a clean install of 586 w10 and just plug in the...
  10. WMP causing excessive disk activity

WMP causing excessive disk activity: I rarely use WMP but loaded it just now (to check whether the streaming settings were OK, as I need them for streaming videos from my PC HD to my smart TV). But as soon as WMP started, my CPU activity shot up, and my external USB HDs became hyperactive. On checking Win 10 TM...