Windows 10: W10 suddenly became unresponsive with programs,what could be the cause

Discus and support W10 suddenly became unresponsive with programs,what could be the cause in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I was watching YT video when suddenly screen froze,and I got black screen...mouse became unresponsive or with latency,I couldn't reboot nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frozensun, Aug 11, 2020.

1. frozensun Win User

W10 suddenly became unresponsive with programs,what could be the cause

Last night I was watching YT video when suddenly screen froze,and I got black screen...mouse became unresponsive or with latency,I couldn't reboot nor shutdown PC except hard reset.
    I built PC from all new components.
    I did run windows memory diagnostics tool and it passed okay.
    Here is the vid what happened.
    So is this HW or SW failure and what should I check?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cajDNyzvs5s

:)

frozensun, Aug 11, 2020

2. Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Windows and all programs on Windows 10 slowand unresponsive

Hi David,

When your PC is slow and some applications are unresponsive can be caused by the recent changes on your device. There are other factors that can also cause the issue, such as corrupted system files, outdated drivers, and malware infection. To investigate
    the issue, we would like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using? To check it, kindly follow the steps provided on this
      link.
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Can you confirm if it's happening with all the programs installed on your PC?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Have you tried booting your device in safe mode and check if the issue persists? To boot your device in safe mode, follow the steps provided on this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check and perform all the steps provided on this
    link
    . The article will provide you steps on how to improve the performance of your PC.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. W10 suddenly became unresponsive with programs,what could be the cause - Similar Threads - W10 suddenly became

2. My PC just displayed green all of a sudden what could be the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC just displayed green all of a sudden what could be the cause: My PC just changed from normal display to a green display how can this be sorted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-just-displayed-green-all-of-a-sudden-what/fd686120-6322-4e9c-877d-88eb6ed9803d
  3. My PC just displayed green all of a sudden what could be the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC just displayed green all of a sudden what could be the cause: My PC just changed from normal display to a green display how can this be sorted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-just-displayed-green-all-of-a-sudden-what/fd686120-6322-4e9c-877d-88eb6ed9803d
  4. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  5. What could cause this crash?

What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  6. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  8. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  9. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...