Windows 10: W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

Discus and support W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode". We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jens Kisters [APTIS], Nov 6, 2020.

1. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

Hi there,

i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode".

We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when someone clicks into a text field in a web application.

But once the tablet mode is active we have the following behaviour:

• A Web application is opened in Firefox
    • A link to a pdf file is clicked in the web application
    • the file is automatically opened in a Desktop app a digital signature Software called "Signo/Sign 2"
      -> desired beaviour
    • SignoSign/2 opens up and is displayed in foreground
      -> desired beaviour
    • After the document is signed Signosign/2 automatically closes or minimizes
      -> desired beaviour
    • Now the user does not see the fire fox browser window, but the start screen
      -> undesired behaviour

I made a recording to illustrate this further:

https://www.loom.com/share/c88621790e904937bdb8045503fd733e

The user now has to click on the firefox icon again to proceed working in the web application.

This is very confusing.

How can we get rid of that?

kind regards

Jens

:)

Jens Kisters [APTIS], Nov 6, 2020
  2. Dnlyong Win User

Start Menu keep popping up when switching to tablet mode

I have a Lenovo YOGA 900, which is a convertible laptop.

I have Windows 10 Home. I have set the tablet mode switch to automatic.

Every time I switch from normal to tablet, the start menu pops up, interrupting whatever I was doing.

For example, when I am watching a video online, and I flip the display into a tablet, the start menu automatically pops up, and I have to minimize and maximize my window to continue my video. The start menu doesn't go away when I press the start button again.

This is extremely frustrating that I have to close the start menu after many tries (Sometimes the taskbar area shows the window I was using, but the start menu still won't go away), then attempt to open the window again.

Can the start menu stop opening when I switch to tablet mode?

Thanks for your help.

Dnlyong, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Eagle3ye Win User

W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

Disable start menu in tablet mode

I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open? Thanks!

Eagle3ye, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

1. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308 - Similar Threads - W10 Tablet Mode

2. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  3. windows start menu pops up randomly.

windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  4. Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu: Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-opens-in-tablet-mode-instead-of-desktop-mode/f2edf2c0-4cf1-4f9a-9988-b7bd67475aea
  5. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  6. start up in tablet mode in windows 10

start up in tablet mode in windows 10: I have the same problem that as quite a few others have experienced it seems . When the HP pavilion x360 goes to sleep it wakes up and the touch pad does not work, I had it to micro center and they could not figure it out they just figured it was a glitch that somehow...
  7. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...
  8. New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode): I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried...
  9. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323