Windows 10: W10 taskbar does not disappear

Discus and support W10 taskbar does not disappear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Despite advice given on web to restart Windows Explorer, it is only temporary. This I find a particular problem when effecting downloads which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterMatthews2, Oct 27, 2019.

1. W10 taskbar does not disappear

Despite advice given on web to restart Windows Explorer, it is only temporary.

This I find a particular problem when effecting downloads which should show at the bottom of screen.

:)

PeterMatthews2, Oct 27, 2019

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Oct 27, 2019
  4. W10 taskbar does not disappear

PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

W10 taskbar does not disappear

1. W10 taskbar does not disappear - Similar Threads - W10 taskbar does

2. Taskbar Disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Disappearance: I updated Windows and signed in again, this time, my taskbar was gone. I force restarted and it reappeared, is this anything to worry about or just a bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappearance/3339f309-6c76-4032-9093-1da7b5489532
  3. taskbar disappearing

taskbar disappearing: I have my taskbar set to auto hide so i can get that small bet of screen space to use but sometimes when I'm just browsing on edge the taskbar completely disappears as if the browser itself takes focus over it. If I take the browser window and move it around it clearly shows...
  4. taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar disappeared: My taskbar with my start button has disappeared where can I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappeared/3be6b155-72a8-49f1-925e-f41186d6514c
  5. taskbar disappeared

taskbar disappeared: My taskbar with my start button has disappeared where can I find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-disappeared/3be6b155-72a8-49f1-925e-f41186d6514c
  6. W10 taskbar icons disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 taskbar icons disappearing: Just yesterday my w10-Pro system started having problems with the taskbar icons. Those on the right-hand side would all disappear, but were restored if I; Did settings hide taskbar on/off,Expand taskbar to two lines, and then back to one,Sometimes it temporarily restores...
  7. Games disappeared in W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games disappeared in W10: Whats happened to my MS games folder since updating yesterday ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-disappeared-in-w10/71203af5-e4fa-4a91-896d-22fa9c9d7a9e"
  8. Windows Taskbar shadow does not disappear in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar shadow does not disappear in game: When im playing game (re2 -after that, i tested other game and monitor test tool ) i realized there is a taskbar shadow bottom left. I tried to change windowed/fullscreen mode and location of taskbar or hiding bar, there is no solution for me. This problem causes backlight...
  9. Taskbar disappeared.

Taskbar disappeared.: Not sure I have this under the the correct 'classification' as I'm pretty close to a Luddite, but today my taskbar has stopped displaying when I have my internet windows up [Google Chrome]. Previously I had finally got it to hide and show when I scrolled down to the bottom of...
  10. W10-64 taskbar does not retain setting

W10-64 taskbar does not retain setting: When I unlock the task bar, then raise its height a notch, then lock it again, .. on the next boot, it is at the default height. Any help would be appreciated in advance. 95469