Windows 10: W10 taskbar icons disappearing

Discus and support W10 taskbar icons disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just yesterday my w10-Pro system started having problems with the taskbar icons. Those on the right-hand side would all disappear, but were restored if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by guthrie, Jul 1, 2021.

1. guthrie Win User

W10 taskbar icons disappearing

Just yesterday my w10-Pro system started having problems with the taskbar icons. Those on the right-hand side would all disappear, but were restored if I; Did settings hide taskbar on/off,Expand taskbar to two lines, and then back to one,Sometimes it temporarily restores things, but then It will then show a few of the icons, with a scroll bar to show the rest. As if there were a phantom item taking up all the rest of the space. Restart explorer, machine no effect. I did SFC, removed icon cache, etc. Ran: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth No change. Sometimes once restored, it will have a mistaken re-paint of the time/date on to of the right-hand side ones, which corrects on mouse-over. Nothing new installed, no updates. ?? WIndows-10 Pro V. 10.0.19043 Build 19043

:)

guthrie, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I It might make a difference

In this image
    Right click on Combat Example 1

W10 taskbar icons disappearing [​IMG]

Select Properties
    Change Icon

I think you just skipped a step - not right clicking on the program name to get to the properties option

Slartybart, Jul 1, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

W10 taskbar icons disappearing [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

1. W10 taskbar icons disappearing - Similar Threads - W10 taskbar icons

2. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  3. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  4. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  8. W10 Mail Icon Disappeared...

in Browsers and Email
    W10 Mail Icon Disappeared...: After installing the latest version of Mail and Calendar and getting things working, I created a shortcut for the desktop. That worked fine for a couple of hours until I had to do a Restart. When the desktop came up, the icon for the Mail app had changed to the default icon...
  9. W10 taskbar does not disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 taskbar does not disappear: Despite advice given on web to restart Windows Explorer, it is only temporary. This I find a particular problem when effecting downloads which should show at the bottom of screen....
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...