Windows 10: W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues

Discus and support W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the Nov update I only get sound from my speakers. When I choose "AMD HDMI Output" (for head phones ) and set default nothing happens. All worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fergiet, Nov 15, 2015.

1. fergiet Win User

W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues

Since the Nov update I only get sound from my speakers. When I choose "AMD HDMI Output" (for head phones ) and set default nothing happens. All worked fine prior to update. AMD drivers are up to date.

Headphones are connected to the rear of Asus Display.

Any ideas ?

:)

fergiet, Nov 15, 2015
  2. suat.cini Win User

Replaced faulty hard drive, now Windows 7 reinstall issues

Yes and no. Depends on the real manufacturer of your M/B. If it is Intel, yes. If it is another M/B, such as Asus, MSI, etc. then no.

What I suggest is, if you want Windows 10, then go directly to W10. Windows 10 may have the drivers for your other components. If not, then you start digging deeper into finding the drivers for them for W10 instead of W7.

Another advice: A new Windows 10 build will be released within a week or two. Most probably November 2nd. Wait for it.

Windows 10 Threshold 2

Good luck.

suat.cini, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Video Playback in Threshold 2 is completely broken for me.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Did you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you update all the drivers?
    I would suggest you to update your display drivers & check if the issue persists.

For more information follow the below link.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Please reply us with above information we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 15, 2015
  4. fergiet Win User

Ok, so AMD has a new beta set of drivers for windows 10. Just out yesterday.

Downloaded and installed, problem solved.

fergiet, Nov 17, 2015
  5. fergiet Win User
    After a restart is back to not working !

fergiet, Nov 17, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Probably replaced with generic non-working Microsoft drivers by Windows Update. Reinstall AMD drivers and then see here how to hide the driver update so it won't install again.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues - Similar Threads - W10 Threshold Sound

2. Sound issues with media playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issues with media playback: Upon pausing or skipping a song in either Windows Media Player or VLC this is not a problem when using YouTube, however, the computers sound is entirely turned off, including OS sounds such as the test beep. This can usually be fixed by shut the computer down and turning it...
  3. Sound issues with media playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound issues with media playback: Upon pausing or skipping a song in either Windows Media Player or VLC this is not a problem when using YouTube, however, the computers sound is entirely turned off, including OS sounds such as the test beep. This can usually be fixed by shut the computer down and turning it...
  4. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio, sound or playback issue...: I've been having this issue for WEEKS now and the problem is that my default device keeps connecting and disconnecting causing extreme lag and fps drop in the middle of a game and has now started to crash youtube videos while i'm watching which it never did. I've tried...
  5. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio, sound or playback issue...: I've been having this issue for WEEKS now and the problem is that my default device keeps connecting and disconnecting causing extreme lag and fps drop in the middle of a game and has now started to crash youtube videos while i'm watching which it never did. I've tried...
  6. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Threshold 2 question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  8. Sound/playback issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound/playback issues: i cant get any sound coming from anywhere..itunes..youtube playing games..watching movies nothing and i cant figure out why..wont play any movies either it just comes up with error message 11045
  9. Strange issue with Threshold 2 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issue with Threshold 2 installation: I have just updated the PC using the MCT as I wasn't getting offered the Threshold 2 update via Windows Update - I assume because I replaced the motherboard last week due to the old one dying. I generallty use the local admin account to run everything, I am savvy enough to...
  10. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...