Windows 10: W10 threw away printer and scanner

Discus and support W10 threw away printer and scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ................Still, Canon are happy - I did check their site. Fix - buy new kit..................... What new kit would that be ? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fedup10, Feb 7, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

W10 threw away printer and scanner

................Still, Canon are happy - I did check their site. Fix - buy new kit.....................

What new kit would that be ?

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  2. bobkn Win User

Are you aware that it's possible to set Windows 10 to not update drivers using Windows Update? (We aren't allowed to prevent all updates, but driver updates can be switched off.)

I have no idea whether that would have prevented your problems.

I've been lucky so far - I have an Epson Perfection V100 scanner, and a couple of Brother laser printers. None are new, but all have Win 10 drivers support. The only Canon peripheral that I have is a small Selphy dye sub photo printer Still works under 10, touch wood.

bobkn, Mar 5, 2016
  3. dalchina New Member
    Found this dubious? site which you've probably seen:
    CanoScan 8800F Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP

Also you might have some luck trying Drivermax which has found me two drivers I couldn't otherwise find.

I'd regard these as very much outside chances in this case.

As I said before, you can always use a virtualised OS (USB support is available in Virtualbox) if you don't want to dual boot (licensed OS needed in both cases).

dalchina, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Wilade Win User

Check out VueScan, by Himrick software. I've been using them for years. Had an old scanner that was no longer supported by, at the time, Windows XP, and was able to use it up and thru Windows 7. I finally upgraded my scanner to a newer Epson unit with USB 2.0 connection. I am still using today.

Check it out here VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

Len

Wilade, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Fedup10 Win User
    Sorry, everyone - didn't notice recent posts - thanks for all the input.

Meanwhile, well done, Wilade !
    Astonishing - downloaded, up and copying in under 10 minutes.

For anyone wondering, you can test the software before you buy it.
    It has a (very) long list of supported scanners and appears to have a lot of features, even if I never get to them.

Many thanks for an actual working solution *Smile

Fedup10, Mar 13, 2016
  6. Wilade Win User
    I'm glad it worked for you!

Enjoy!

Len

Wilade, Mar 14, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Congrats. You have your problem solved.
    If you don't mind, please mark your thread as Solved so that others with similar issue will know there is an alternative to the problem.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 threw away printer and scanner - Similar Threads - W10 threw away

2. Scanner to Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  3. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I cant scan from my printer/scanner into my computer although the printer is connected correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/fcb77770-4348-46c3-8aee-98f60600fbd8
  4. Printer Scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer Scanner: Why does my Canon MP550 printer / scanner not appear under my printers in devices. It is connected through a USB port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scanner/3cae5b9f-a3e1-4102-a865-0708844911d9
  5. scanner on printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanner on printer: i was trying to get scanner to work i must done something wrong now i can't opens files apps or control panel please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-on-printer/7d5daf34-7be4-4d15-b758-1b75ca5f86d0
  6. Printer and Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer and Scanner: I have all in one printer and scanner Brother HL-L2390DW LAN Monochrome and I scanned some documents but does not show on my HP Computer Lap top. It was working but now I cant find scanned papers. ????? HeLp!...
  7. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  8. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  9. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355