Windows 10: w10 update fail

Discus and support w10 update fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; the spec are Direkt-Ten slim laptop DTLAPC-14-1, Intel Atom , The laptop has 4GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage Would doing system recovery help or adding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yanceycat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. yanceycat Win User

w10 update fail

the spec are Direkt-Ten slim laptop DTLAPC-14-1, Intel Atom , The laptop has 4GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage Would doing system recovery help or adding the SD card help, With the SD card should it be formatted to Fat 32 or NTFS will window see it as part of C Drive

yanceycat, Apr 5, 2018
  2. yanceycat Win User

Hello I help a lady setup a new W10 laptop I was unable to do anything with it , Windows wants to do it first update but they fail do to a lack of space
    the laptop has 32 Gb storage and windows is taking up 29 Gb and it not letting me free up any space
    so right now we are on hold she going to pickup a micro sd card to see if it help but what else can we do ?

:)

yanceycat, Apr 29, 2018
  3. Tow_truck Win User
    W7 fail after W10 upgrade attempt fail.

Thank you

I already tried that. The Media Creation Tool gives the option to upgrade the computer, or download & save the ISO file for another computer. I tried both options, and early on got the blue screen with error message shown in my last post....

Does knowing the error code shown help any????

Thank You!

Tow_truck, Apr 29, 2018
  4. w10 update fail

W7 fail after W10 upgrade attempt fail.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to assist you further from here.

I would suggest you to download the ISO file for Windows 10 from the referred link and perform a custom installation using the same Installation Media and see if the issue can be resolved.

Please follow the below steps.

Follow the below link to create an ISO image for Windows 10.

Link: Download Windows 10

Kindly keep we posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Welcome to the forum. Has she got any software she doesntuse you could remove. Is there a windows old folder as thats part of an upgrade which can leave 10gig+ run disk clean when its run then select system files and let it run again

Samuria, Apr 29, 2018
  6. yanceycat Win User
    The Laptop is band new just out of the box W10 preinstall she nothing added to it and it not letting me free up space she got a 32 Gb SD card we ging to try tomorrow but the laptop only has a 32 Gb hard drive

yanceycat, Apr 29, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

There must be additional software or bloatware installed.

Run the beta log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    Windows 10 Help Forums
    (extract > open)
    Use the text and images in this thread in case there are any problems running the beta log collector: (post #5)
    DM Log tool problem Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Open the website for the computer manufacturer > enter the product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

There is a Windows build upgrade scheduled to be available by windows updates on May 8 from build 1709 to build 1803. There is an early bird download option that is scheduled to start tomorrow.
    So in addition to the typical updates you may want to troubleshoot the upgrade instead.
    This should be easy as it is a brand new computer and a clean install can be performed to install Windows 10 build 1803.

Open a Microsoft account so that you have a backup for any operating system problems.

The clean install can be done with a flash drive.
    Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    On or after May 1, 2018 create a bootable Windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

zbook, Apr 29, 2018
  8. yanceycat Win User

w10 update fail

the spec are Direkt-Ten slim laptop DTLAPC-14-1, Intel Atom , The laptop has 4GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage Would doing system recovery help or adding the SD card help, With the SD card should it be formatted to Fat 32 or NTFS will window see it as part of C Drive

yanceycat, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

w10 update fail

1. w10 update fail - Similar Threads - w10 update fail

2. W10 update from 1803 to 20H2 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update from 1803 to 20H2 fails: I have tried all the measures described in the various topics and cannot get the upgrade to work The last attempt was via ISO downloaded from MS. Final option option is to wipe and reinstall but I'd like a solution if possible I have the required logs Full install failed...
  3. W10 update from 1803 to 20H1 fails

W10 update from 1803 to 20H1 fails: I have tried all the measures described in the various topics and cannot get the upgrade to work The last attempt was via ISO downloaded from MS. Final option option is to wipe and reinstall but I'd like a solution if possible I have the required logs Full install failed...
  4. W10 update KB4601319 fails to install

W10 update KB4601319 fails to install: All I need to hear from MS is that this is going to get fixed. My laptop has exhausted the maximum number of chances to pause the update and any time it forces the restart to install the KB4601319 it fails and the whole process takes 15 minutes of my precious time. I tried...
  5. Failed W10 Install

Failed W10 Install: Ok ... purchased the W10 Home from the Microsoft Store yesterday Nov 3 2020 to update my W7 machine. Received the email with the key and the install link. When I purchased on the phone and asked about whether a 64bit install was included and was told that I would be...
  6. What happens to w10 updates that fail to install

What happens to w10 updates that fail to install: My w10-64 bit Update history is showing many updates with "failed to install", even in many attempts. Other updates, after that, at a later date are appearing as "successfully installed". Update check is showing "UP to date", meaning, no update is pending. So, I am...
  7. Updates for Office 2010 fail to install in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates for Office 2010 fail to install in W10: The title says it all. 12670
  8. w10 beta failed

w10 beta failed: Hi, I downloaded w10 (Build 10130 ??)doubled clicked "...Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-GB_10130...." & updated my w8.1 spare HD to w10. Worked OK & liked it that afternoon but, next morning would not boot up so after 2-3 hrs I use my flash stick & got w8.1 back. I...
  9. W10 Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Fail: I was hoping for a "reduction" with the bells and whistles when I installed W10 yesterday. It saddens me that Microsoft did not listen to people about the traditional Start Menu--or at least, give the PC user the ability to change the Start Menu to look and behave exactly...
  10. Failed W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed W10: Currently using desktop. Yesterday I downloaded W10 on my notebook (it had been in order for me to do so). After many hours, and updating, I thought I'd have W10 working, but amongst the updates I saw W10 cancelled, or failed. No idea why. I can't find any evidence of W10...