Windows 10: W10 update kills the taskbar

Discus and support W10 update kills the taskbar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First, I'm new to this and thought I posted this already, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find one's own post. After updating the latest W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ulind, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Ulind Win User

W10 update kills the taskbar

First, I'm new to this and thought I posted this already, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find one's own post.

After updating the latest W10 my PC eventually kills the bottom taskbar. Placing the cursor there gets a perpetual blue circle. Open applications like mail or Chrome still work but if they are closed they cannot be opened again and nothing on the desktop can be started, including the system buttons.

The only solution is to restart using the Task Manager which still works, or simply sign out and sign in again via the Task Manager.

What gives?

:)

Ulind, Aug 17, 2019

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 17, 2019
  4. W10 update kills the taskbar

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

W10 update kills the taskbar

1. W10 update kills the taskbar - Similar Threads - W10 update kills

2. W10 update killed my Brother printer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 update killed my Brother printer: June 13, 2020 W10 version 10.0.18362 A recent W10 update (the actual update number isn't available) knocked out my trusty Brother HL 4070cdw printer. All W10 debug attempts, Brother printer settings, wifi and router settings to determine the trouble reported OK e.g....
  3. taskbar questions(W10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar questions(W10): Going to make this super quick So i use Auto Hide and was wondering two things. Is there a way to speed up the task bar show/hide so that it pops up instantly when i put my mouse by it and it disappears instantly when i move my mouse away. I know removing the fade is a way to...
  4. Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to kill support for x86 w10: According to this article on Bleeping Computer. That's real bad news for owners of older hardware. 156302
  5. Updates kill NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates kill NVIDIA: Every time Windows 10 updates, it kills my NVIDIA and I'm sick of it! This has been reported over and over but it happens every time. I have to do a reset and that's getting tiresome. Fix it!...
  6. Taskbar dies after W10 update

Taskbar dies after W10 update: Since updating last week without obvious problem I now find that my taskbar dies, as does anything on the desktop, meaning that the mouse pointer moves but nothing works. This happens when I have come back to the PC after no activity for a while. It comes back up but then I...
  7. Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it?

Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it?: Hello All, I have a desktop and a laptop both running Win10x64. I've had the desktop for a longer time, and I can't remember how I managed to completely kill off anything update related. It's been so quiet on that front for a year+ now that I completely forgot about fighting...
  8. Updates are Killing Me

Updates are Killing Me: Just downloaded 1607 today and not another big update to 14393.187.I have not installed the other one yet and still at 1511.I I download another 1607 will it have current update,doing this a friends house because I have metered connection. 63592
  9. Properly "killing" an older W10 installation

Properly "killing" an older W10 installation: I just put in a new SSD and have been in the process of transferring and reinstalling files and apps from my older Win 10 main hard drive to the new SSD. Through the UEFI Bios, I can still boot into either old or new disk but I notice that there may be increasing glitches at...
  10. Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?

Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?: I am presently running a FREE W10 which is fully up to date, upgraded from W7; I presently have a AMD CPU Powered MOBO etc. but plan to shortly install a NEW Intel CPU and MOBO and am concerned from some of the things that I have read - that this might trigger MS not allowing...