Windows 10: W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem?

Discus and support W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have lost my "Photos" drive partition. The only thing I can see that has changed or could have caused it is a series of recent Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Dixson, Oct 13, 2019.

1. W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem?

Hi, I have lost my "Photos" drive partition. The only thing I can see that has changed or could have caused it is a series of recent Windows 10 automatic updates.

The disc was partitioned for "Data" and "Photos" with the photo partition containing my editing software so I seem to have lost my Adobe photo editing software as well as 115,000 photos!!! I have most of the photos backed up but not most of those taken this year. (I know, that's stupid but we are where we are). The shortcuts still exist but the icons aren't the Adobe icons and when I click on one I get a message that the link is broken. When I go into File Explorer the Drive is no longer there.

Has anyone had a similar problem? But more to the point, has anyone got any suggestions for recovering the partition and the software and photos?

Help Please.

:)

Bob Dixson, Oct 13, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Oct 13, 2019
  4. WmBlack Win User

W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem?

System Reserved Partition W10 install problems

I have more than ample specs for W10 but the install continues to fail perhaps because I replaced the 2 hard drives with one Samsung SSD, which works great and runs W7 (64-bit) and all apps flawlessly.

None of the suggested fixes has helped and the partition tools suggested do not show the format as depicted in the examples (perhaps due to the one SSD?).

PC Magazine is reporting that Microsoft is preparing to push more people into upgrading to W10 through various means.

I am concerned about that as I seem unable to address the system reserved partition problem.

Bill Black

WmBlack, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem?

1. W10 update/Loss of Drive partition. Has anyone had similar problem? - Similar Threads - W10 update Loss

2. Has anyone with problems with "unexpected kernel mode traps" or similar results tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone with problems with "unexpected kernel mode traps" or similar results tried...: Tried all the usual remedies but none worked then as a last resort changed the CMOS battery on the motherboard and all came good. Has anyone else tried this and got good results or was it a fluke?...
  3. Has anyone with problems with "unexpected kernel mode traps" or similar results tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone with problems with "unexpected kernel mode traps" or similar results tried...: Tried all the usual remedies but none worked then as a last resort changed the CMOS battery on the motherboard and all came good. Has anyone else tried this and got good results or was it a fluke?...
  4. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Window 11: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  5. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  6. Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?: I feel like the starting menu does not suit. When I had these issues, it was the transition from 1909 to the 2004/20h2 upgrade. When I disabled the Cortana in the Reg Editor, the issue went away. Since it wasn't just the start menu, it wouldn't open the calendar often and I...
  7. Has anyone ever had this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone ever had this problem?: [ATTACH] My work laptop is docked and has a i7-4700MQ and when I start it up after being powered off the max speed I can get is around 2.5GHz. It will stay like this until I put it to sleep and wake it up. The it'll run at 3.4GHz like it's suppose to. Has anyone had this...
  8. has anyone had this happen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    has anyone had this happen?: Hi My sons laptop runs Windows 10. when he started it the other day this came up, your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we"re just collecting some error info and the we will restart for you. for more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit...
  9. Has anyone had any problems with windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone had any problems with windows 10 updates: Morning Everyone Has anyone had any issues with there Windows 10 updates Are your computers or laptops acting &#55356; slow Because I think this is unacceptable of Microsoft to make theses updates slow for any laptops or computers too...
  10. View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?: On my desktop PC, ugraded to 10 on Friday morning, been using all weekend no problems. On Monday we had a winter wonderland, was checking snow history when electricity went off momentarily. PC shut down. I had perhaps 5 wiindows open at the time. PC powered back with...