Windows 10: W10 update makes my computer freeze

Discus and support W10 update makes my computer freeze in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My New laptop did an update two days ago, now it freezes when I leave it for more than 10 minutes, and I have to shut it down. It will suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeeJohnston, Dec 31, 2018.

1. W10 update makes my computer freeze

My New laptop did an update two days ago, now it freezes when I leave it for more than 10 minutes, and I have to shut it down. It will suddenly restart when I'm working on something. I'm NOT happy

:)

DeeJohnston, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Last update makes my pc freeze

Hi Mecha,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which Windows update KB number is recently installed?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

Let’s try performing system restore and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      rstrui
      and hit enter.

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System Restore.
    Now try to hide Windows Updates or driver updates from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Also you can visit the below link for more information on How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated graphic driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Jan 10, 2020
  4. W10 update makes my computer freeze

computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

W10 update makes my computer freeze

1. W10 update makes my computer freeze - Similar Threads - W10 update makes

2. Windows updates freezes my entire computer and makes it extremely slow frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates freezes my entire computer and makes it extremely slow frequently: Windows updates has been making my pc really laggy (most recent example being Windows 10 May 2004 Update making my pc unusable until restart) and it feels like it is damaging my hard drive or making it slower. I was wondering if there was a way I could limit how much RAM or...
  3. Mouse makes computer lag/Freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse makes computer lag/Freeze: So i recently upgraded my laptop that i haven't used in a while to windows 10. Then i plugged in a mouse and when i moved it, it made my computer lag/freeze. If i watched a video on chrome then if i move my mouse it would lag or freeze. If i tried to play a game and moved my...
  4. Mouse makes computer lag/freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse makes computer lag/freeze: So i recently upgraded my laptop that i haven't used in a while to windows 10. Then i plugged in a mouse and when i moved it, it made my computer lag/freeze. If i watched a video on chrome then if i move my mouse it would lag or freeze. If i tried to play a game and moved my...
  5. Making W10 Safe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making W10 Safe: Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work,...
  6. Computer makes annoying sound and freezes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer makes annoying sound and freezes: Hello, I need help with my computer sometimes it does a weird sound like drrrrrrrrrr... and freezes and like 3 weeks ago my monitors turned off when I heard the weird sound. Is this a virus or something wrong with the tech inside the computer? also it starts lag sometimes...
  7. My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound: Hello, i have this problem were my computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds. Have updated all of my drivers and everything is up to date. It happens maybe 1-2 times a day and its very annoying... I haven't overclocked. My specs: Mobo-ASUS ROG STRIX Z390...
  8. W10 1809 update freezes PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1809 update freezes PC: updating a Dell laptop from W10 1803. At 100% complete on W10 1809 update, it has frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del & Power button have no effect. No idea on how I can reboot! Any ideas?...
  9. Windows 10 update makes my computer freeze frequently!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update makes my computer freeze frequently!!!!: I have been avid user of windows user for the past 20 years. And this is the first time I experienced so much inconsistency with a windows platform. I am very disappointed with windows 10 since the last update. My pc keeps freezing frequently, even when I do nothing. That...
  10. recent W10 update on my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recent W10 update on my computer: IS it only me or did others get a bit upset with the recent,*Sad past 2 days worth of changes that have taken place in W10?? I had my W10 desktop set up with links to places that I use often, now all of that has gone and I'm wasting time trying to find the links that I...