Windows 10: W10 update on tablet failure

Discus and support W10 update on tablet failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a small tablet which came with W10 pre-installed, and I have updated to the latest versions of W10 as they became available. The latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Einar K, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Einar K Win User

W10 update on tablet failure

I have a small tablet which came with W10 pre-installed, and I have updated to the latest versions of W10 as they became available. The latest update in Nov 2018 has left me with a useless tablet and no way of access anything:-

The update as such appeared to go OK, but at the end when I needed to restart and input my password etc. I could not get any on-screen keyboard. So my question is how can I recover access to the tablet?

I can shut it down, and I can restart it, BUT I cannot get past the log-in screen as the on-screen keyboard refuses to come on.

How can I recover the use of the tablet under these circumstances?

:)

Einar K, Nov 28, 2018

2. Synching a W10 tablet with a W10 laptop

I just got a W10 tablet but when I plug it in to my W10 laptop I don't see any reaction on the laptop. With an older Android tablet plugging it in would open a file explorer window so I could access the tablet directories from the laptop. Is there any
    way to do that with the new W10 tablet?

Jonathan613, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 28, 2018
  4. W10 update on tablet failure

W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version

Thanks for this.

I have tried the MCT method as you suggest. From memory I think one is offered two options. Upgrade or create USB. I have attempted both. Upgrade always results in crashing at 40% with a restore back to 1024.

My system has just updated (standard W10 update routine) once more and again 'cannot install'.

Refer below:

W10 update on tablet failure [​IMG]

That list dates back to the 7th of July.

Driving me crazy. I have even tried manually installing the updates where I have found them on the interweb.

Cheers

Alan

alanrcooke, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

W10 update on tablet failure

1. W10 update on tablet failure - Similar Threads - W10 update tablet

2. Installation Failure W7 - W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Failure W7 - W10: Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Is anyone familiar with this?...
  3. Failure to install all W10 updates.

Failure to install all W10 updates.: My laptop was upgraded to W10 from W7. Now, further updates for W10 do not work. The system will spend all day downloading the file then trying to install it, then fail, and spend the rest of the day undoing the changes it has made to the system. I want to stop it trying to...
  4. W10 v1909 S Mode update failure

W10 v1909 S Mode update failure: windows 10 not installing this update. Tried dozens of times to get it to install with no luck. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - December 2019 (KB890830) - Error 0x800711c7 New notebook using S mode Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.535...
  5. W10 v1607 upgrade failure

W10 v1607 upgrade failure: Have been trying to upgrade v1607 to current version of W10. Upgrade runs for a couple hours, then eventually fails with no further information as to reason the upgrade failed. So how does one fix this problem?...
  6. Script failure after W10 update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Script failure after W10 update to 1809: I've been using a little script to launch an application in a "kiosk-like" mode. Basically, upon login, the a registry entry calls the script, the script launches the exe, and then script waits for you to exit the app. When you exit, it reboots the PC. The problem is...
  7. Latest W10 update or hardware failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest W10 update or hardware failure?: After the latest cumulative update, my data drive E: (WDC 2TB) would not allow access to some of its folders. Seems I no longer had permission, access was denied. Added "take ownership" to the context menu, pointed to the folders and was able to now open them. Did a reboot to...
  8. W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version

W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version: Hi, I have tried everything I can think of. After spending ALL day trying again to use every means possible I still cannot update from 1024 version. Here is a copy of todays DISM attempt. Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS...
  9. Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?

Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?: Tried the XDA forums and got no where so though someone here might assist? I bought a cheapy tablet called a Ployer MOMO8W, it had W10 working on it all OK but I had to perform a fresh install as the last W10 update wouldn't boot anymore. I used the bios to load from USB a...
  10. W10 upgrade failure

W10 upgrade failure: Installed all drivers under W7 Ran upgrade checks - and all backups. W10 upgraded proceeded, went to end reboot and presented Login screen Then found mouse & keyboard not working (in fact no USB at all) Found an old PS2 kyb that worked ... not easy finding your way...