Windows 10: W10 update problems

Discus and support W10 update problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The last W10 update has caused all sorts of problems. Tried to undo the update, get the message "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilG0fwu, Feb 18, 2021.

1. PhilG0fwu Win User

W10 update problems

The last W10 update has caused all sorts of problems. Tried to undo the update, get the message "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later". Tried a system restore, that only shows one restore point, the one before the update and resulted in, could not complete.

Any help much appreciated.

:)

PhilG0fwu, Feb 18, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 18, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond W10 update problems :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 18, 2021
  4. W10 update problems

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

W10 update problems

1. W10 update problems - Similar Threads - W10 update problems

2. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  3. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  4. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. W10 Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 Problem: so i Got a virus with 20 notifications that i have a trojan or a virus. so i renstalled windows because my cortana search does not work when im trying to download a game launcher it finishes the download at its MB but its stuck on the blue circle. and i cant open any steam...
  6. W10 Update 041120 Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Update 041120 Problem: Many of the Microsoft Programs are no longer working e.g. Mail and Calender Cortana Films&TV Microsoft ToDo Photo's and Video Editor. When I restarted there was a message that some Operations may need re-installing but that doesn't appear to be an option with Mail and...
  7. w10 update problems

w10 update problems: Hi. I am trying to update my W10. Many times now, i have downloaded it, and it fails during installation, at about the 35% mark. I get an error code of 0x80070002. I have been through trouble-shooting about 3 times now. Can anyone offer advice on this please?...
  8. Am I having a W10 Update problem

Am I having a W10 Update problem: I bought a new Acer Aspire W10 computer 3 weeks ago. (It has an SSD if that matters). Anyway, when I go to check update, it says up to date, yet my winver is 1803. Shouldn't I have a later version. (It did d/l an update for 1803) Mel...
  9. May W10 Update potential problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    May W10 Update potential problems ?: Hello, Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS. Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD (perhaps for backups) installed. Other problems too, apparently. And, lots of hints for disabling the automatic backup that MS...
  10. w10 update caused problems with all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 update caused problems with all apps: Two days ago I was happily using this machine (a dell755) which has been running W10 for about 6 months now. Up until then no issues but then there was an automatic update and after that completed I found I have lost all connectivity for my apps!!!. To explain, the PC is...