Windows 10: W10 update stopped working

Discus and support W10 update stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As per problem prev mentioned in community , 18/1/20, answered by Gary. closed thread. The DISM commands run as administrator suggested dont appear to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikkyg, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mikkyg Win User

W10 update stopped working

As per problem prev mentioned in community , 18/1/20, answered by Gary. closed thread. The DISM commands run as administrator suggested dont appear to work. tried the have run chkdsk/f and am getting " getting windows ready" blue screen for a LONG time ! have tried cold boot/total depower, trouble shoot,... have tried MSC , selective start up, disable , hide ... nothing helping. not looking good. seems like a bad dose of corruption or a recent update.

yet to try temp on/off updates or manual update. Thanks,

MG.

:)

mikkyg, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Show windows side by side has stopped working in W10?

Hi Mary,

For better assistance, verify the following information:

• Were you able to check the response of Vinodh.V posted last August 5, 2015?
    • Did you perform the suggested troubleshooting steps provided on this thread?

If the recommended solutions did not work for you, we suggest creating a new thread since some troubleshooting steps may no longer be applicable to your issue.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 21, 2021
  4. W10 update stopped working

Sensors dont work after W10 update

Toshiba WTA-8 tablet. After the latest W10 update (installed 5/5/2018) my sensors (compass, auto-rotate etc.) have stopped working and the device has vanished on Device Manager. Location works OK. Any suggestions?

tramwayinfo, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

W10 update stopped working

1. W10 update stopped working - Similar Threads - W10 update stopped

2. How do I stop the W10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop the W10 updates?: How can stop the updates? Or at least choose the security and leave the rest behind? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-w10-updates/fc5a5065-d025-47f4-9eba-dd59a10a105a
  3. Updates stopped working

Updates stopped working: Greetings, I have an OMEN HP laptop with windows 10 home. It is still on warranty. 3 days ago my pc began to restart each time it went to sleep and was giving me an error that the battery installed was not an HP-Battery. I never changed the battery nor did I ever open my...
  4. update and security in 'settings' not working. W10

update and security in 'settings' not working. W10: In 'Settings' the UPDATE AND SECURITY section does not work. I have looked at the methods suggested in the forum and tried the Microsoft troubleshooter but that fails and not then tell me what to do next. Has any one solved this problem? Mike...
  5. W10 Mail APP Auto Complete Stopped Working unless......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Mail APP Auto Complete Stopped Working unless......: I have had no problem with auto complete (AC) in the W10 Mail app until two days ago. I used to be able to type the first letter of a name and a pop up would come up showing 7 or 8 names with that letter in it. Now I have to type at least 2 letters before the window pops up...
  6. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...: ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems? 82548
  7. ati radeon hd 5000 series stopped working after update to w10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ati radeon hd 5000 series stopped working after update to w10: Hi, after updating to windows 10 from w7, my ati mobility radeon hd 5000 series stopped working because of an error code 43. The 4200 series works just fine. Updating the drivers doesn't solve the problem, but i can install them manually like this: Nothing found —...
  8. W10 Network Discovery stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Network Discovery stopped working: It's always something! I have six W10 computers on my home network. At one time they all could see each other and share files, folders, devices etc. For some reason one of the systems is no longer visible on the network. The problem computer can see and share with all the...
  9. W10 search engine stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 search engine stopped working.: Last night, my Windows 10 search engine stopped working. I can't click on a link someone gives me in a post and I can't even try to access a link manually. The only way I can look something up is on my Firefox search engine...........when DuckDuckgo is my preference. 95082
  10. W10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 update: Hi guys, Recently W10 'kindly' automatically updated my computer which has left me several inconveniences! 1. I now have to 'sign on' with a password to get into my own computer?? Can I delete this function, or at least, is there a Remember Me procedure? I have that...