Windows 10: W10 update to 1909 leading to keyboard and display problems.

Discus and support W10 update to 1909 leading to keyboard and display problems. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have updated W10 laptop to v1909 last week. Ever since, while booting, the extended display menu automatically pops out on the right side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SunandanLahiry, Apr 18, 2020.

1. W10 update to 1909 leading to keyboard and display problems.

Hello,

I have updated W10 laptop to v1909 last week.

Ever since, while booting, the extended display menu automatically pops out on the right side of screen and the menu flickers leaving no chance to type-in the password to login. pressing the escape key hides the extended display menu momentarily but after a few sends it reappears. I should mention here that no second display i use/keep attached.

Secondly, if I am able to hide the extended display menu for a few more seconds, the keyboard do not respond fully so that the password can be typed in while log in during boot up. Even if i am able to start the onscreen keyboard, the extended display menu reappears only to hampering the functioning of OS Keyboard.

I have tried to uninstall the keyboard and restart the laptop but got the same result. I did not uninstall the monitor though.

I must reiterate that problems occurred only after updating W10.

Please help.

Kind regards,

Sunandan

:)

SunandanLahiry, Apr 18, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 18, 2020
  4. W10 update to 1909 leading to keyboard and display problems.

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

W10 update to 1909 leading to keyboard and display problems.

1. W10 update to 1909 leading to keyboard and display problems. - Similar Threads - W10 update 1909

2. Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update fron W10 1909 to 20H2: I have tried the usual way through windows update, it failed several times. I have also used the media creation tool to try to force an update and that has now failed also. It has been like this for almost a year now and I could live with it but now I am paying for Xbox...
  3. W10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update problems: The last W10 update has caused all sorts of problems. Tried to undo the update, get the message "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later". Tried a system restore, that only shows one restore point, the one before the update and resulted in, could not complete....
  4. No boot after W10 update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot after W10 update 1909: I have just attempted to update my spare computer to the latest window 10 update, now it fails to boot. There is power on and the disc and DVD drive leds light then it just stops there is no video so I can't boot into safe mode. All was working well until the update with no...
  5. display problem w10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display problem w10: This has been happening for a few months now and it's getting worse, I don't really know what it is. The first problem happens usually with light colors and stays like that till the scene changes. The second happens less often and only lasts a few seconds. I don't really...
  6. Problem upgrading to W10 1909 due to SandBoxie

Problem upgrading to W10 1909 due to SandBoxie: Hello, I can't upgrade to 1909 because i'm asked to uninstall 2 ! instances of SandBoxie, which I have uninstalled long ago. There's is no way I can uninstall it now. I removed all occurence of SandBoxie in the registry to no avail. I removed all occurence of SandBoxie in...
  7. w10 update problems

w10 update problems: Hi. I am trying to update my W10. Many times now, i have downloaded it, and it fails during installation, at about the 35% mark. I get an error code of 0x80070002. I have been through trouble-shooting about 3 times now. Can anyone offer advice on this please?...
  8. W10 Update 1909

W10 Update 1909: I am having consistent problems trying to update my Windows 10 Pro Desktop to Feature Update to Windows 10 1903 and 1909, the system currently being at 1809. OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit CPU AMD FX-8350 8 Core Vishera 32nm Technology RAM 24.00 GB Dual Channel DDR3@666MHz...
  9. Problems updating to 1909

Problems updating to 1909: I'm still having trouble trying to install this update. I tried the update thinking about the configuration update and security, with the Windows 10 update wizard. Any help would be highly appreciated....
  10. microsoft update leads to problem

microsoft update leads to problem: after the mid-Nov update, the touchscreen keyboard on my Microsoft connect 10" tablet PC has been disabled. I am unable to log on, and can only switch the power on and off. I do not have a separate keyboard to connect....